Next seasons season ticket

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Next seasons season ticket

Post by Tigerbeat »

Quite a fair email from Andrea Pinchen with perfectly reasonable explanations of where we have been and the need for a price increase. Other Clubs ticket prices / season tickets are far higher than Tigers and the Club cannot afford to absorb the costs associated with running the club for much longer. No-one knows what ideas have been put forward and surely whatever they are, will appeal to a large cross section of supporters. To date, the Board under the Stewardship of our CEO have made decisions in the interest of keeping the Club running, difficult ones at times.
This could have just been sent out next week but it is well detailed and structured and informing all. When the details are available, each person will be able to make the best decision for themselves.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

I suspect season tickets will be circa 10-20% increases (different bands will have different increases as Andrea mentions).

I think it’s clear they will bump standard tickets by more - to create the gap and improve the margin saving on a season ticket.

When looking at the away game prices our current ticket pricing is quite low in comparison.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

speedski wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:48 pm I suspect season tickets will be circa 10-20% increases (different bands will have different increases as Andrea mentions).

I think it’s clear they will bump standard tickets by more - to create the gap and improve the margin saving on a season ticket.

When looking at the away game prices our current ticket pricing is quite low in comparison.
This is always going to be an issue with away games. We are always seen as a premium fixture, one they can basically sell out and so the price for our matches will always be high. This is why I would like to see something similar to football where the away tickets are capped and the home fans pay a premium to see the 'premium' clubs pay should they wish. Another benefit of a season ticket if the biggest games cost home fans a bit more.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Currently we're not paying enough to make the club sustainable. If we want the club to survive, I'm not sure how we can complain about a ticket price increase.

The email comes across very well and I am happy to pay more.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

What is our current season ticket number. I have 12000 in mind though that may include members
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

It’s a very difficult juggling act for the club. If we say there are 12000 season ticket paying an average of £400 this gives a total £4.8M. If 2000 season tickets decide not to renew the club would need to increase the average cost to £480 ( a 20% rise )just to keep the same turnover.
Obviously the club are looking to increase revenue so either they don’t expect to lose 2000 season ticket holders or the increase is more than 20%.
However, our average attendance is usually 20-22 k so they are probably hoping that the people that don’t renew will pay on a match by match basis so the walk ups will be more.
It will be really interesting to see where they pitch the increases and I’m hoping for the sake of the club that not too many people give up their season tickets as even with 20% increase they are still competitive compared with other clubs.
A2O
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I have kept my season ticket all through Covid and a house move to so far away that I rarely visit MWWR now and, if I do, it requires a hotel stay. If I can afford it, I'll keep it but....
pressure is mounting.

My income will never increase now.

I love the club and the experience; I'm hoping I can find some way to keep coming.

Sorry for the moan; too much information , probably
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:34 pm I have kept my season ticket all through Covid and a house move to so far away that I rarely visit MWWR now and, if I do, it requires a hotel stay. If I can afford it, I'll keep it but....
pressure is mounting.

I love the club and the experience; I'm hoping I can find some way to keep coming.

I think there will be quite a few people in the same boat especially if they travel a fair distance.
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:34 pm I have kept my season ticket all through Covid and a house move to so far away that I rarely visit MWWR now and, if I do, it requires a hotel stay. If I can afford it, I'll keep it but....
pressure is mounting.

I don’t think it is a moan, I think it’s a very realistic state of affairs particularly in the current economy, in recession or on the edge of. Fans will have to make tough decisions and as mentioned difficult balancing act for the club
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

ay2oh wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:37 pm
pressure is mounting.

I think there will be quite a few people in the same boat especially if they travel a fair distance.
there is sadly little the club can do to keep everyone happy and they will no doubt recognise that individuals have to make their own decisions and sadly for some that will mean not having a ST anymore but perhaps Old Hob and yourself might be able to come along to a few games on single ticket purchases so will still bring in some ticket income. Those that can afford the increases may well balance out those that can't and those that come along to individual matches and consequently pay top price (as around 8K seem to be happy to do at the moment) will be able to bring in increased overall revenue. I stopped being a ST holder for some years due to work commitments but regularly went to 5+ games a season. After COVID I found I had more free time to go so went back to a ST as it was economic to do so given I could get to most (but not all) home games - I'll do the same maths once I know the new pricing but will still be on the terrace one way or another
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

pressure is mounting.

You kept your ST even though you don't go? Why?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:06 pm
pressure is mounting.

You kept your ST even though you don't go? Why?!
To support the club through Covid; and to support the club generally.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Mo Leicester

Post by Mo Leicester »

I’d need more information.
Keeping the price the same for fewer games is not something that should be celebrated.
Are we considering taking Saudi money? If so, I would have to consider not renewing on moral grounds (my choice - many will disagree).
If a price increase keeps the Saudis out - I would pay without hesitation.
I would be very disappointed if we get a large increase and then find we still have them onboard.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Hats off to Old Hob and supporters like him. A season ticket not only gives access to a seat at matches it also gives a sense of belonging. Of course in the days before the North Stand was built and capacity increased you were also guaranteed your space at big matched and tickets for semi finals and finals. Many of us although hard pressed financially continued payments for season tickets during lockdown, we felt we were doing our bit for our club in difficult times.
Obviously costs of staging matches have risen over the years and we also want our team to compete at the top however there are limits to our pockets and we do want value for money in terms of the number of games available for us to watch. Five years ago.i was guaranteed 11 Premiership games and 3 European matches plus Premier Cup games and regular A League games. What is now included is much reduced, this is not necessarily the fault of our club but rugby in general but for whatever the reason there is a danger that some people will find that what is on offer is not value for money and be forced to consider whether to continue or not.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Everybody’s circumstances are different as well as their priorities so can well understand if people feel that the cost is prohibitive . Can see the increase being at least 10% so hopefully we won’t lose too many season ticket holders for the sake of the club.
A2O