Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Post by LE18 »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:38 pm
FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:34 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:16 pm Could the De Bruin be a swap with Hurd potentially? We could do without 3 of our TH's being in international setups. A Scottish team may want him as a Scotland prospect for the SRU to have more control?

Not saying he's going, but wouldn't shock me
Fair comment.
I'd rather not lose Hurd. He's a Leicestershire Lad (raised in Ashby). He's a whole 7 years younger than de Bruin and has steadily improved at Tigers. Big Dan won't continue forever and in Heyes and Hurd there's two tightheads who are reliable right now and still improving (plus at an age where we could have them for many years yet).

de Bruin to replace van Wyk would be a great bit of business though as his ability to cover both sides would help during the 6N period and he showed last time he was here he could cover both sides well.
My short term memory is getter quite poor, when did De Bruin play for us, how many times, and against whom, and when and where did he leave us for? :smt017
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Don’t know how accurate but apparently De Bruin has played over 2/3 at LH. So imagine he’d be more a replacement for Van Wyk that anyone else.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:25 pm Don’t know how accurate but apparently De Bruin has played over 2/3 at LH. So imagine he’d be more a replacement for Van Wyk that anyone else.
https://all.rugby/player/luan-de-bruin

According to his stats here over 70% of his starts are at TH.

Other than his season with us, he has only one start at Loosehead. (He had 9 starts at LH for us)

When here (20/21 season) we had Cole and Heyes fit the entire covid season so it was very hard with those two rotating through the 3 to get many shots at Loosehead and Gigenia had his visa issues then left us so essentially it was Genge then one of Bower (not good enough), Leatigaga (primarily TH) or De Bruin as the 2nd choice Loosehead that season...

For me although a better TH than LH he was comfortably our 2nd choice LH that year and comfortably 2rd choice TH.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Terracetiger4
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Terracetiger4 »

On a different note has anyone heard anything regarding us signing Morgan morse from the ospreys. Seem to remember seeing it on Twitter but can’t find it now.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:28 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:25 pm Don’t know how accurate but apparently De Bruin has played over 2/3 at LH. So imagine he’d be more a replacement for Van Wyk that anyone else.
https://all.rugby/player/luan-de-bruin

According to his stats here over 70% of his starts are at TH.

Other than his season with us, he has only one start at Loosehead. (He had 9 starts at LH for us)

When here (20/21 season) we had Cole and Heyes fit the entire covid season so it was very hard with those two rotating through the 3 to get many shots at Loosehead and Gigenia had his visa issues then left us so essentially it was Genge then one of Bower (not good enough), Leatigaga (primarily TH) or De Bruin as the 2nd choice Loosehead that season...

For me although a better TH than LH he was comfortably our 2nd choice LH that year and comfortably 2rd choice TH.
Yeah so from what I can gather.

First season at Edinburgh he was playing predominantly TH. Can’t see him playing at LH whatsoever.

Last season he was injured.

This season he’s been mainly covering LH.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Terracetiger4 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:25 pm On a different note has anyone heard anything regarding us signing Morgan morse from the ospreys. Seem to remember seeing it on Twitter but can’t find it now.
Now that is an interesting rumour
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I seem to think he was rumored to be joining last summer and instead decided to stay
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Academy took 7th place on finals day, with a 22-17 win over Bristol
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Can’t imagine Watson being here next season. Think giving him a new contract this season has been bad business.

For me Jonah Holmes showed yesterday he’s still far too good for the Championship. He chased OHC down going full tilt.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:35 am Can’t imagine Watson being here next season. Think giving him a new contract this season has been bad business.

For me Jonah Holmes showed yesterday he’s still far too good for the Championship. He chased OHC down going full tilt.
Don’t disagree with any of that Holmes 31 so some years left in him yet
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Rather have Holmes over Bassett Simmonds or Watson, who has unfortunately been a total waste of money.
Holmes makes things happen.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

fortysix wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:49 am Rather have Holmes over Bassett Simmonds or Watson, who has unfortunately been a total waste of money.
Holmes makes things happen.
Not in full agreement with Bassett and Simmonds. Both decent squad players but Watson has been a risk that failed. Simply not on the pitch enough to warrant a place in the squad. Not his fault, just one of those things but not good value for money.
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Farmboy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:40 pm Carmichael off to Edinburgh https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ca ... anent-move
Shame, looked to be a decent prospect but couldn't force himself into the first team picture. Good luck to him.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:18 pm
Farmboy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:40 pm Carmichael off to Edinburgh https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ca ... anent-move
Shame, looked to be a decent prospect but couldn't force himself into the first team picture. Good luck to him.
Agree that he is a good prospect, but look at the number of players we have ahead of him! It is a good move for him, as he would not get much, if any, game time at Tigers.