Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:23 pm Mitchell and Muir out
Randall and Lawrence in
Lawrence being fit is a big bonus
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: 2024 Six Nations Chat

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Lawrence (centre) in, Muir (wing) out. Ojomoh (centre) retains his place. Strange, just from a positional sense.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:48 pm
mol2 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:38 pm But is Dingwall?
Seems short on pace.
2 caps in imo he’s done enough to keep his place certainly for the Scots
you would hope so
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dingwall hasn’t done enough for me,looks very poor at this level. I’d put Lawrence straight in at 12 if fit
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

It’s rumoured that Posolo Tuilagi could be in the France starting XV against Italy in Lille on Sunday, so I wonder what the chances are of him playing against his uncle Manu the following weekend in Lyon!
Semper in excretia
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:07 pm It’s rumoured that Posolo Tuilagi could be in the France starting XV against Italy in Lille on Sunday, so I wonder what the chances are of him playing against his uncle Manu the following weekend in Lyon!
Hopefully more chance of Posolo playing than Uncle Manu
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:07 pm It’s rumoured that Posolo Tuilagi could be in the France starting XV against Italy in Lille on Sunday, so I wonder what the chances are of him playing against his uncle Manu the following weekend in Lyon!
Has nephew ever faced uncle in an international match before?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:10 pm
Has nephew ever faced uncle in an international match before?
There have definitely been cousins in the Southern Hemisphere but not sure about nephew and Uncle. Have a feeling Lote Taquiri was involved in something like this
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I'm glad Lawrence is fit and would play him ahead of Manu in place of Dingwall.

I would play Feyi-Waboso ahead of Daly who is not a starting wing (Would have him on the bench to cover wing and centre). If you want a long range punt at goal there is always Freddie Steward. I know we've not seen that at Tigers because Pollard has a huge range.

The return of Martin is a puzzle. He provides serious grunt but his best position is lock. Both Chessum and Itoje have played well so I wouldn't be surprised to see Itoje moved to 6. Not sure that's the best use of Itoje but it might be Borthwick's thinking.

Personally I think Earl is wasted at 8 when he is the best English 7 at present. I wonder if they will be radical and move him back there and play one of the youngsters at 8.

I
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

mol2 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:27 am I'm glad Lawrence is fit and would play him ahead of Manu in place of Dingwall.

I would play Feyi-Waboso ahead of Daly who is not a starting wing (Would have him on the bench to cover wing and centre). If you want a long range punt at goal there is always Freddie Steward. I know we've not seen that at Tigers because Pollard has a huge range.

The return of Martin is a puzzle. He provides serious grunt but his best position is lock. Both Chessum and Itoje have played well so I wouldn't be surprised to see Itoje moved to 6. Not sure that's the best use of Itoje but it might be Borthwick's thinking.

Personally I think Earl is wasted at 8 when he is the best English 7 at present. I wonder if they will be radical and move him back there and play one of the youngsters at 8.

I
Agree with all you say. I think Martin onto the bench instead of Coles. No need to move Itoje Root is growing nicely into the 6 shirt. Agree about Earl, unsure what they don’t see in Pearson. I think if Barbeary has a decent A game he will be moved in for France and Ireland is it worth starting with CCS against Scotland possibly
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Question purely out of interest as it seems to apply to England in a lot of sports but why do we always have to be last to announce the team. Certainly not just a rugby thing but seems to very much be an England thing.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Freddie Steward out of the match day 23. Rotated or injured
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:03 pm Freddie Steward out of the match day 23. Rotated or injured
Rotated / dropped apparently. He’s fit for selection by reports. Surprising if you ask me…
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

England: 15 George Furbank, 14 Tommy Freeman, 13 Henry Slade, 12 Ollie Lawrence, 11 Elliot Daly, 10 George Ford, 9 Danny Care; 1 Ellis Genge, 2 Jamie George (c), 3 Dan Cole, 4 Maro Itoje, 5 Ollie Chessum, 6 Ethan Roots, 7 Sam Underhill, 8 Ben Earl.

Replacements: 16 Theo Dan, 17 Joe Marler, 18 Will Stuart, 19 George Martin, 20 Chandler Cunningham-South, 21 Ben Spencer, 22 Fin Smith, 23 Immanuel Feyi-Waboso.