Ealing PRC game info

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Ealing PRC game info

Post by Rugbygramps »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:42 pm Whitcombe much better than Van Wyk at the scrum!
Against their back up tighthead. Scrum also improved when Clare came on who is a decent scrummager
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:02 pm It must be a worry how inept we are after time off this season, but probably better than the Scarlets were on Friday...

Wonder if we will see Pollard in the final.
No Mckellar said Pollard. Montoya and Wiese are not qualified
Last edited by sapajo on Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:02 pm Wonder if we will see Pollard in the final.
Are those players eligible for that?
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

RunTigerRun wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:57 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:54 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:50 pm Fair play to Rogerson. It takes some doing to look anonymous against a Championship team.
Has Cockanasinga earned a new contract?
If Porter is off, then I think it’s worth another contract.

Kata, Cokanasiga at 12
Kelly, Scott at 13

With Woodward and Myall coming through and then a new signing in Spink or someone wouldn’t be bad as centre stocks and allows some cap to be spent elsewhere. Unless of course Kriel is still interested! 😉
For me it depends on Kelly. If he wants to stick at 12, he probably won’t get much game time behind him and Kata.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:02 pm It must be a worry how inept we are after time off this season, but probably better than the Scarlets were on Friday...

as Emily Scarrett said pre match, silverware is silverware, go and win it, play our best available XV and go for the win
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

fentiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:04 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:02 pm Wonder if we will see Pollard in the final.
Are those players eligible for that?
Pollard is as he played in the group stage.

Tigerbeat please change the settings so I don't have to post 6 times to get it to go up just because someone else is posting at the same time, no other forum I have ever used does this is really annoying and not needed
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Funnily enough, in his interview just now, DMK said Pollard, Julian and Jasper were helping the team to prepare, but they were ‘ineligible to play’?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:03 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:42 pm Whitcombe much better than Van Wyk at the scrum!
Against their back up tighthead. Scrum also improved when Clare came on who is a decent scrummager
Whitcombe has always been a better scrumager, I don't think he's that much worse that van Wyk in the loose either, he's the future play him more, with how off Cronin is Whitcombe should be our starting loosehead IMO
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:06 pm

Funnily enough, in his interview just now, DMK said Pollard, Julian and Jasper were helping the team to prepare, but they were ‘ineligible to play’?
Pollard played against Sale did he not in the group stage then went off to the World Cup? So is there a quota of minutes he had to play?
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:04 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:54 pm

Has Cockanasinga earned a new contract?

Kata, Cokanasiga at 12
Kelly, Scott at 13

With Woodward and Myall coming through and then a new signing in Spink or someone wouldn’t be bad as centre stocks and allows some cap to be spent elsewhere. Unless of course Kriel is still interested! 😉
For me it depends on Kelly. If he wants to stick at 12, he probably won’t get much game time behind him and Kata.
True, though I wouldn’t mind seeing Kata on the wing at some point to see if that works for us as an option or if he is wholly better in the midfield. Still think Phil C has the potential if around the right units.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Big up for Tim, Phil and Sam for getting us over the line over there!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

RunTigerRun wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:14 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:04 pm

Kata, Cokanasiga at 12
Kelly, Scott at 13

True, though I wouldn’t mind seeing Kata on the wing at some point to see if that works for us as an option or if he is wholly better in the midfield. Still think Phil C has the potential if around the right units.
also on how long Kata and Kelly stick around for themselves
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

I’m guessing anyone capped in the current season can’t play?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Has the final been confirmed for the 15th.
There aren’t a huge number of changes we can pick because of the eligibility criteria.

Ealing had a definite bonus at the start today having been playing competitively regularly.
Gloucester and us should be in the same boat
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:31 pm Has the final been confirmed for the 15th.
There aren’t a huge number of changes we can pick because of the eligibility criteria.

Ealing had a definite bonus at the start today having been playing competitively regularly.
Gloucester and us should be in the same boat
Although we have given Gloucs home advantage by our weak selection agains Bedford. Final would have been a decent earner at Welford Road. Oh well. :smt017