Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Ealing PRC game info

Post by Old Hob »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:43 pm
nicmattyg wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:42 pm Ealing defo got the momentum now. All about whether we can hold on to 80 without conceding, which is unlikely.

Even if we win, this has been a properly poor performance overall by most
Regardless of the result this has been a shocking performance. Don’t deserve the win.
Agree with this.

I wonder if some contracts will be looked at.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Fair play to Rogerson. It takes some doing to look anonymous against a Championship team.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

nicmattyg wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:43 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:42 pm Whitcombe much better than Van Wyk at the scrum!
Never been a fan of Van Wyk, no idea how he gets played so regularly
He's been far better this season than in previous seasons.with us and his scrummaging has been decent, which has been his Achilles heel previously (IMHO)
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:50 pm Fair play to Rogerson. It takes some doing to look anonymous against a Championship team.
But he was playing at 7 again which we know is not his best position.

Another reason why the selection puzzled me as earlier in the season Rogerson was anonymous at 7 but looks much better at 8 or even better at 6.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I think their side has been bolstered by the loss of other clubs. They have some players from Irish but also some from Gloucester that may not have moved on if there was more competition for players.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:50 pm Fair play to Rogerson. It takes some doing to look anonymous against a Championship team.
Has Cockanasinga earned a new contract?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

FTT, Whitcombe, Cracknell, Hatherell and the centres of Kelly and Phil C largely stood out in an otherwise slightly undercooked performance.

Edwards read the play well and outside the high ball work Scott looked ok on the wing.

Phil C MoM by TNT - thought he took his chances when he got them and read the play nicely. Came in at 1st receiver a few times to good effect too. Defence is a little turnstyle like but largely a good performance. Kelly looking good at 13 too, growing into the season nicely imo.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

When your front row is under the cosh, given a warning, why do you wait for a card before changing the front row or at least the tight head under the warning?

How Van Wyke makes the bench ahead of Whitcomb I struggle to comprehend so not all the blame lies with our tight head?

Good to see Clare playing again.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

sapajo wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:54 pm
Has Cockanasinga earned a new contract?
If Porter is off, then I think it’s worth another contract.

Kata, Cokanasiga at 12
Kelly, Scott at 13

With Woodward and Myall coming through and then a new signing in Spink or someone wouldn’t be bad as centre stocks and allows some cap to be spent elsewhere. Unless of course Kriel is still interested! 😉
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

mol2 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:56 pm When your front row is under the cosh, given a warning, why do you wait for a card before changing the front row or at least the tight head under the warning?

How Van Wyke makes the bench ahead of Whitcomb I struggle to comprehend so not all the blame lies with our tight head?

Good to see Clare playing again.
Agree entirely Mol! Whitcombe is streets ahead of Van Wyk for me. Clare back is a big boost too although FTT has impressed me this season and again today.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:49 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:43 pm
nicmattyg wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:42 pm Ealing defo got the momentum now. All about whether we can hold on to 80 without conceding, which is unlikely.

Even if we win, this has been a properly poor performance overall by most
Regardless of the result this has been a shocking performance. Don’t deserve the win.
Agree with this.

I wonder if some contracts will be looked at.
Based on one game? No. That would be nuts. Based over the season as a whole? I would hope so and I’m sure DMK won’t hold back if he feels the need. Some tweaking required for sure.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I thought we would have our work cut out, and so it proved!
Winning knock-out games, is, apparently, not good enough for some! :smt017
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Another away win against a side that doesn’t loose at home.
Yes Ealing looked good at times, but without their scrum dominance where would they have been. Would that dominance have been there against Cronin Montoya and Heyes absolutely not, and their reserve props were a big drop off.
Also a word on that surface, which must be the worst I have seen in a long time, compacted 3G. Yes it’s the same for both sides but playing regularly on it must be a big advantage.
Attendance figure given at just under 3000. As competitive as they may be on the pitch, they have to get their stadium and actual pitch up to scratch
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

…but as much as anything else our lack of a backs coach is obvious to see. It’s a bit like watching England, when we have front foot ball or win a turnover, do you ever feel that Tigers (or England) could go from one end of the field to the other? I don’t.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

It must be a worry how inept we are after time off this season, but probably better than the Scarlets were on Friday...

Wonder if we will see Pollard in the final.
To win is not as important as playing with style!