Ealing PRC game info

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Ealing PRC game info

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

So Hoyt & JvP are both available, thanks to being injured back in the group stages.

Hoyt is actually possibly the more important one as otherwise it would have to be Crane on the bench if Heyes isn't released. Whilst Hoyt is a step down from Richardson, Crane still has a lot of developing to do before I think he's at the level of Hoyt.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Is the game being televised?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Yes on TNT
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Heyes has been named in the England training squad, along with returning Martin, Tuilagi and Cowan Dickie.

I assume that makes him unavailable for this weekend unless they are assembling Sunday evening
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/LboroRugby/status/1 ... 6vYKg&s=19

With Gourlay and Meredith in the team tonight it pretty much proves they won't be playing again at the weekend (thus proving we won't be playing the kids)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Sadly with the injuries, those who can’t play rule and international call ups I just cannot see Tigers’ winning as Ealing are a) beating opponents easily and b) has a settled side that has been playing right up to the Semi.
On the other hand Ealing getting to the final will be great for them and Billy Twelvetrees. I hope Tigers prove me wrong!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:28 pm Sadly with the injuries, those who can’t play rule and international call ups I just cannot see Tigers’ winning as Ealing are a) beating opponents easily and b) has a settled side that has been playing right up to the Semi.
On the other hand Ealing getting to the final will be great for them and Billy Twelvetrees. I hope Tigers prove me wrong!
I suggest you re look at the teams we put out against Sale and Falcons, yet again I don’t understand your negativity.
You seem to ignore that yes they are winning but not by as much as we beat 2 championship sides, and they are also shipping a lot of points. You obviously don’t feel a side along the lines of :

Brown, Bassett, Porter, Kelly, OHC, Shilcock, Whitely, Whitcombe, Vanes, Richardson, Wells, Hatherall, Rogerson, Ilione, Cracknell

would be string enough against a championship side, and they are all selectable.
On the subject of Ealing surprised you also aren’t wishing Jonah Holmes well
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:28 pm Sadly with the injuries, those who can’t play rule and international call ups I just cannot see Tigers’ winning as Ealing are a) beating opponents easily and b) has a settled side that has been playing right up to the Semi.
Looking at the squad they have some good players, (and Pat Howard looking very young!) but we should be able to put out a good enough team to be capable of winning. I don't think it will be your typical Prem vs Champ match though.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I would agree it won’t be a drubbing and I’m not discounting them. But just because a player who was deemed not good for the premiership is playing in the centres doesn’t mean they are going to run through us.
Do we have any information on their injury situation
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I believe Tigers, if we can put out a decent side,we will have a chance to win but I still remember thinking we’d beat Bristol and Bedford! Bedford of course we sent out a ridiculously weak side! Bristol was incredibly poor after what we thought was good preparation. I just think home advantage will be huge.
Come on Tigers.
Last edited by Ian Cant on Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Ealing will be no mugs ! They are a hardened and experienced side and will come at us. We need to pick a 23 to win. As much as I applaud and would normally welcome development opportunities I don’t think Sunday is the day for this
bendy

Post by bendy »

STARTING XV

15 Mike Brown [21]

14 Matt Scott [74]

13 Dan Kelly [74]

12 Phil Cokanasiga [2]

11 Ollie Hassell-Collins [14]

10 Jamie Shillcock [19]

9 Tom Whiteley [23]

1 Francois van Wyk [46]

2 Finn Theobold-Thomas [7]

3 Dan Richardson [15]

4 Harry Wells [190]

5 Kyle Hatherell [14]

6 Hanro Liebenberg (C) [99]

7 Matt Rogerson [15]

8 Olly Cracknell [34]

REPLACEMENTS

16 Charlie Clare [88]

17 James Whitcombe [46]

18 Tim Hoyt [1]

19 Sam Carter [13]

20 Emeka Ilione [18]

21 Sam Edwards [11]

22 Kieran Wilkinson [3]

23 Joseph Woodward [8]

That is a strong side!
PAW2
Tiger Cub

Post by PAW2 »

Taking it seriously.

Matt Scott on the wing? Interesting

Good to see Charlie back
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Good strong side. No reason for it not to be imo. Players have had over 3 weeks off and need some rugby to stay match sharp.
Was never going to be Bedford revisited
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Injuries to wingers are not helping us at the moment. Anyone know if Scott has ever played wing before. Guessing we have no fit wings in development who are ready to step up.

At the moment, the gamble on Watson is not paying off (thought, to be fair, if he was fit he would be with England). He is class when available but perhaps a position to look at for next season.