Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:46 pm Archie Griffin has agreed a contract variation with Bath. I’m unsure what this means
It's a contract extension that's "not an extension" because he'd fall foul of the Wales 25 cap rule.

There was probably some clause that allowed him to switch to a rolling contract, to avoid him having to sign a contract extension given he's been picked in Wales 6N squad.

This is an activity to keep him at Bath a minimum of 3 years but will have some clauses to mean they can keep extending him by a year till he has 25 caps without him signing a new contract.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:11 am
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:15 pm Sheedy to Cardiff sounds very much on. Means Bristol will need to recruit as they can't rely just on 34 year old McGinty.

Sarries linked with a second raid on Falcons youngsters with Louie Johnson said to have an offer on the table.
On top of Louis Johnson, Sarries are also being linked with Joe Marchant & Louis Lynagh
That will make them popular with Quins fans!
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Sarries are linked with several players, might have significant movement in their squad. Farrell confirmed as gone. Mako and Billy potentially leaving. Cinti and Gonzalez rumoured to be short term deals after LI went boom - both very good players.

If they're getting linked with 13s then I wonder if Lozowski might be out of contract? Re-signed in 2022. Yes please if so. He'd fit into the Tigers back line very tastily.

Titi Lamositele is linked with them too. In contract with Montpellier but their season is going so poorly that there are rumours of likely squad flux. He's a massive prop that carries well. We could really do with more carriers throughout the pack. Montoya is the only one of note in the whole front row currently.

If West leaves Sarries I'd take him back here in a heartbeat.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

I wouldn’t be surprised to see more turnover at Sarries. The long contracts signed to keep players there during there relegation are now ending, hence Farrell’s move, and with the Wray connection loosening further it seems that change is underway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68127212
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:59 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:11 am
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:15 pm Sheedy to Cardiff sounds very much on. Means Bristol will need to recruit as they can't rely just on 34 year old McGinty.

Sarries linked with a second raid on Falcons youngsters with Louie Johnson said to have an offer on the table.
On top of Louis Johnson, Sarries are also being linked with Joe Marchant & Louis Lynagh
Joe Marchant has only just headed out to France. I can't imagine Stade will let him go for free.

Lynagh tracks, he signed a long term deal after breaking through and has been mainly injured since.
https://twitter.com/_AlexBywater/status ... HOULA&s=19

Alex Bywater now reporting it as almost there...

Quins fans will be spitting feathers if they land Lynagh too
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Confirmed that Itoje has signed a long term deal to stay with Saracens
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

[quote=ABClub post_id=874949 time=1706661841 user_id

If they're getting linked with 13s then I wonder if Lozowski might be out of contract? Re-signed in 2022. Yes please if so. He'd fit into the Tigers back line very tastily.

[/quote]

They seem to have plenty of centre options already even before adding Marchant- I wonder if the plan is for Loz to move back to 10? Could do a lot worse.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Granby wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:42 am [quote=ABClub post_id=874949 time=1706661841 user_id

They seem to have plenty of centre options already even before adding Marchant- I wonder if the plan is for Loz to move back to 10? Could do a lot worse.
[/quote]

I read that that is the preferred option of some Sarries fans.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Lozowski to 10 with Manu Vunipola and Goode as cover would make sense to be fair. A replacement for Farrell at 10 would require marquee wages just the same as Faz.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

ABClub wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:44 am Sarries are linked with several players, might have significant movement in their squad. Farrell confirmed as gone. Mako and Billy potentially leaving. Cinti and Gonzalez rumoured to be short term deals after LI went boom - both very good players.

Titi Lamositele is linked with them too. In contract with Montpellier but their season is going so poorly that there are rumours of likely squad flux. He's a massive prop that carries well. We could really do with more carriers throughout the pack. Montoya is the only one of note in the whole front row currently.

If West leaves Sarries I'd take him back here in a heartbeat.
Wonder if it's sign a 13 & get Lozowski to play 10 for a season while they bide their time for the right option?
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

ABClub wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:40 pm Lozowski to 10 with Manu Vunipola and Goode as cover would make sense to be fair. A replacement for Farrell at 10 would require marquee wages just the same as Faz.
One paper I read (forget which one) said Manu Vunipola going too. Doesn't surprise me, he's never really convinced.

Wonder if anyone is lining up Coventry's Pat Pelligrini as a punt signing? He has a good highlight reel & reputation.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:54 am
Granby wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:42 am [quote=ABClub post_id=874949 time=1706661841 user_id

I read that that is the preferred option of some Sarries fans.
[/quote]

Do they have plenty of centre options? Lozowski, Tompkins and Olly Hartley. Daly and Cinti can play there as well. If Daly or Cinti aren't out wide then the wing options aren't particularly massive either and neither Goode nor Maitland are getting any younger then there's Lewington, Segun and Parton.

Adding another centre, especially one as good as Marchant makes sense.

Lozowski covering 10 would be a good option to have along with Goode. Rumours are they've got an offer on the table to Louie Johnson at Falcons. That could be a smart move long term, he's got a lot of potential.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Cipriani officially calls it a day
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Darc Tiger wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:24 pm Cipriani officially calls it a day
:smt044 imagine announcing your retirement 2 years after you last had a professional contract.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Darc Tiger wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:24 pm Cipriani officially calls it a day
Is that from all dancing shows