Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:15 pm Sheedy to Cardiff sounds very much on. Means Bristol will need to recruit as they can't rely just on 34 year old McGinty.

Sarries linked with a second raid on Falcons youngsters with Louie Johnson said to have an offer on the table.
On top of Louis Johnson, Sarries are also being linked with Joe Marchant & Louis Lynagh
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:11 am
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:15 pm Sheedy to Cardiff sounds very much on. Means Bristol will need to recruit as they can't rely just on 34 year old McGinty.

Sarries linked with a second raid on Falcons youngsters with Louie Johnson said to have an offer on the table.
On top of Louis Johnson, Sarries are also being linked with Joe Marchant & Louis Lynagh
Joe Marchant has only just headed out to France. I can't imagine Stade will let him go for free.

Lynagh tracks, he signed a long term deal after breaking through and has been mainly injured since.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Sam James heading across the channel, according to the Rugby Paper
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:59 pm Sam James heading across the channel, according to the Rugby Paper
Very under rated player imo
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Lucy Wray resigns!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Courtney Lawes to Brive next season is said to be a done deal.

Who among you made the trip to Cardiff for the Heineken Cup final against Brive on the booze-laden chartered train?
Tigers were favourites going into that game but were well beaten by an excellent free-flowing Brive side.
And the beer was free-flowing too that day, particularly after the match with the Brive supporters!
I've been a fan of Brive ever since that day and was saddened when the were relagated to ProD2 last season.
They currently lie 6th so a return to the Top14 is possible, but the competition in ProD2 is intense!
Semper in excretia
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:22 am Courtney Lawes to Brive next season is said to be a done deal.

Who among you made the trip to Cardiff for the Heineken Cup final against Brive on the booze-laden chartered train?
Tigers were favourites going into that game but were well beaten by an excellent free-flowing Brive side.
And the beer was free-flowing too that day, particularly after the match with the Brive supporters!
I've been a fan of Brive ever since that day and was saddened when the were relagated to ProD2 last season.
They currently lie 6th so a return to the Top14 is possible, but the competition in ProD2 is intense!
yes I went to that final and there was an inspired performance from a Georgian player whose name was Kakala or something similar.
A2O
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:22 am Courtney Lawes to Brive next season is said to be a done deal.

I went in a beer-laden bus. Never again, especially after the result!
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

I went. Gregory Kacala, Polish born French back row, came from Rugby league.
That was one of my first big rugby matches.
Amazing the atmosphere before hand.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:45 am I went. Gregory Kacala, Polish born French back row, came from Rugby league.
That was one of my first big rugby matches.
Amazing the atmosphere before hand.
I was sat not far from Joel Stransky, he looked like someone who wanted to get on the first plane back to SA...the score flattered Tigers.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I went - under my own steam. What I remember mostly is we looked as though we had come for light training and Brive looked as though they had come to win.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I went with the Away Supporters Club at that time run by Peter Jaques, my daughter was at Swansea University so arrived earlier than us, when we met up she told me she had seen the arrival of the two team coaches we apparently looked tense and worried, Bruce looked happy and confident.
Kacala was superb that day, I think our team was frankly knackered, I am not sure Dwyer had the full support of the players as he eased players like Deano, Rory Underwood and John Liley out of his team to replace them with full time professionals. We lost but it was a great day out and a sign of things to come.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Thanks John, I'd forgotten Barbed Wire was in charge.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Archie Griffin has agreed a contract variation with Bath. I’m unsure what this means
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Callum Sheedy confirmed as moving to Cardiff at the end of the season