Other matches - 26th - 28th January 2024

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Other matches - 26th - 28th January 2024

Post by Ian Cant »

Gloucester now have, for the first time in ages a settled squad with half their first choice pack being out until now.
When they come to us we probably( though we should) won’t play the England boys. Newcastle! Diamond will toughen them up and it’s Friday night.
One game at a time for me😅! Ealing first then the next game. Tigers, unlike Gloucester and Newcastle could, and usually do, have players get injured with England.
We should get two wins but this is a very strange season!
Love the way in todays game the commentators are going on about Sale’s injuries: they are nothing compared to what us and Gloucester have had al season.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

You’re absolutely right Ian

Rather a Gloucester win than Sale pulling away for me though
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

Anyone know what's happened to Raffi Quirk?He rarely seems to play these days and yet it only seems like a couple of years ago that he (along with Harry Randall and our own JVP) was among the very best of the young scrum halves. Is he injured or has he lost form/interest?
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

0 for Sale is a big result!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jacko27 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:53 pm Anyone know what's happened to Raffi Quirk?He rarely seems to play these days and yet it only seems like a couple of years ago that he (along with Harry Randall and our own JVP) was among the very best of the young scrum halves. Is he injured or has he lost form/interest?
Seems to have been very unlucky with injuries, plays a game then gets injured again.
Sale picked up a few nasty looking ones today. They’ll be glad of the 7 week break
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I'm not sure that this weekend could have gone any better for us. Up to 6th, three points off fourth and four points off second. This is going to be a tight old run in but we win all our remaining games then we have a very, very decent shot of a home semi-final
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Excellent weekend for Tigers, and Bristol.

Pretty awful for Sale, with all the injuries suffered, and now being down in 7th. I would have had them 2nd favourites at the start of the season, shows what I know - they have a serious problem scoring points.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:11 pm Excellent weekend for Tigers, and Bristol.

Pretty awful for Sale, with all the injuries suffered, and now being down in 7th. I would have had them 2nd favourites at the start of the season, shows what I know - they have a serious problem scoring points.
Perhaps they dont kick it enough Tiglon. :smt052
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Very un Sale like performance from them today. Not sure whether 2 serious looking injuries early doors upset them, but they looked off colour, and Sanderson sounded quite down too.
Poor old Veainu looking a shadow of his former self too, acceleration and step seem to have disappeared and that was before Thorley munched him
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

LE18 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:21 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:11 pm Excellent weekend for Tigers, and Bristol.

Perhaps they dont kick it enough Tiglon. :smt052
Well, funnily enough...

Against Glouc they:
- had more possession
- made nearly twice as many metres with ball in hand
- made nearly twice as many clean breaks
- beat more defenders
- made nearly twice as many offloads
- made more than twice as many passes
- conceded fewer penalties

But...
- lost more scrums
- lost more lineouts
- and, yes, kicked 42% fewer metres

Basics, basics... basics.

Basics win matches, you can leave the fancy stuff to Bristol and the BaBa's :smt023