2024 Six Nations Chat

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: 2024 Six Nations Chat

Post by No6_Flanker »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:53 pm Really rate Ojomoh, definitely deserves at shot at test level as he has something about him.

The other two are weird picks. Radwan, OHC, Lynagh, Murley I’d have in front of Muir. Thought Langdon would’ve got picked too. Borthwick’s scatter gun selection continues.
Ojomoh has looked sparky, but I wonder if he has enough class, Test match level will punish any mistakes.

Muir has been on much better form than any of those other wings. The greater surprise for me is that Muir has been called up over Cokanasiga.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Interesting that Ludlam is back for Saints. Wonder if him and Barbeary get called into the England squad for Italy.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:26 pm Interesting that Ludlam is back for Saints. Wonder if him and Barbeary get called into the England squad for Italy.
Barbeary maybe as the lack of selection could well be to allow Bath matches to count against the suspension. If he had been selected last week and been unavailable for Bath then this weekend's match would not count.

I suspect that there is little point in selecting Ludlam if he is off to France in the Summer.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

GB72 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:39 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:26 pm Interesting that Ludlam is back for Saints. Wonder if him and Barbeary get called into the England squad for Italy.
Barbeary maybe as the lack of selection could well be to allow Bath matches to count against the suspension. If he had been selected last week and been unavailable for Bath then this weekend's match would not count.

I suspect that there is little point in selecting Ludlam if he is off to France in the Summer.
Thought that was just a rumour. Normally I’d agree but looking light at 6.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

No6_Flanker wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:18 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:53 pm Really rate Ojomoh, definitely deserves at shot at test level as he has something about him.

The other two are weird picks. Radwan, OHC, Lynagh, Murley I’d have in front of Muir. Thought Langdon would’ve got picked too. Borthwick’s scatter gun selection continues.
Ojomoh has looked sparky, but I wonder if he has enough class, Test match level will punish any mistakes.

Muir has been on much better form than any of those other wings. The greater surprise for me is that Muir has been called up over Cokanasiga.
I'd take Muir over Cokanasiga. Muir has a higher work rate, better kick chase and is a well rounded winger with a decent skillset.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ewels in for Iesekwe.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

How does Ewels get selected?
Tried, tested and nowhere near good enough.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

mol2 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:54 pm Radwan doesn’t strike me to be good enough for international rugby yet. Defence iffy.
OHC looked like a rabbit in the headlights when he last played for England. Top flight club player but perhaps not quite got the X factor. The same applies to Murley.

Lynagh looks the part but only just getting back to fitness, perhaps too late for this squad for Borthwick.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Error
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

mol2 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:39 pm How does Ewels get selected?
Tried, tested and nowhere near good enough.
He’s one of these “lineout gurus” apparently
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Posolo Tuilagi, son of former Tiger Henry, and nephew of Alesana, Manu and countless other Tuilagis, has been called up to the French squad for the opening 6Nations fixture against Ireland in Marseille next Friday evening.

6'4" and allegedly 145kgs and currently playing 2nd row for Perpignan (for whom ex Tiger Perry Freshwater is forwards' coach), he's an impressive size, although a fork-lift truck would probably be needed to hoist him in the lineouts.

In my opinion, however, he's unlikely to be selected in front of Cameron Woki, Paul Willemse, Romain Taofifenua and Paul Gabrillagues. The two Toulouse 2nd rows, Thibault Flament (ex Loughborough Town RFC!) and Emmanuel Meafou would probably have been selected but are injured.

Edit: Just read that this'll be the probable French team to beat the Irish:

Ramos - Penaud, Fickou, Danty, Bielle-Biarrey - (o) Jalibert, (m) Lucu - Ollivon, Alldritt, Cros - Willemse, Gabrillagues - Atonio, Mauvaka, Baille.

Remplaçants : Marchand, Wardi, Aldegheri, Woki, R. Taofifenua, Pa. Boudehent, Le Garrec, Moefana.
Semper in excretia
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:14 pm Posolo Tuilagi, son of former Tiger Henry, and nephew of Alesana, Manu and countless other Tuilagis, has been called up to the French squad for the opening 6Nations fixture against Ireland in Marseille next Friday evening.

6'4" and allegedly 145kgs and currently playing 2nd row for Perpignan (for whom ex Tiger Perry Freshwater is forwards' coach), he's an impressive size, although a fork-lift truck would probably be needed to hoist him in the lineouts.

In my opinion, however, he's unlikely to be selected in front of Cameron Woki, Paul Willemse, Romain Taofifenua and Paul Gabrillagues. The two Toulouse 2nd rows, Thibault Flament (ex Loughborough Town RFC!) and Emmanuel Meafou would probably have been selected but are injured.

Ramos - Penaud, Fickou, Danty, Bielle-Biarrey - (o) Jalibert, (m) Lucu - Ollivon, Alldritt, Cros - Willemse, Gabrillagues - Atonio, Mauvaka, Baille.

Remplaçants : Marchand, Wardi, Aldegheri, Woki, R. Taofifenua, Pa. Boudehent, Le Garrec, Moefana.
I saw Posolo play for France U20's in Bath last year - he is genuinely HUGE.

I wonder if he's in there more as an apprentice type player, to assess his raw talent and gauge the potential.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:24 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:14 pm Posolo Tuilagi, son of former Tiger Henry, and nephew of Alesana, Manu and countless other Tuilagis, has been called up to the French squad for the opening 6Nations fixture against Ireland in Marseille next Friday evening.

I saw Posolo play for France U20's in Bath last year - he is genuinely HUGE.

I wonder if he's in there more as an apprentice type player, to assess his raw talent and gauge the potential.
Yes, I’m sure you’re right.
Semper in excretia
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Poloso Tuilagi 6'4" and allegedly 145kgs and currently playing 2nd row for Perpignan (for whom ex Tiger Perry Freshwater is forwards' coach), he's an impressive size, although a fork-lift truck would probably be needed to hoist him in the lineouts.
Typically French to copy with a fork lift! As Tigers used a Crane in the past. :smt031
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wormus wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:46 pm Poloso Tuilagi 6'4" and allegedly 145kgs and currently playing 2nd row for Perpignan (for whom ex Tiger Perry Freshwater is forwards' coach), he's an impressive size, although a fork-lift truck would probably be needed to hoist him in the lineouts.
Typically French to copy with a fork lift! As Tigers used a Crane in the past. :smt031
At least Tuilagi will get over the gainline though :smt005