Alan Dickens - Tigers lack of attack coach.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Alan Dickens - Tigers lack of attack coach.

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... PbSCg&s=19

Question has been raised to McKellar
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

You get the impression from that that he is really not happy and wants this resolved as quickly as we all do! Let's hope it is!

I think DMK is aware that this is starting to appear to have an averse effect on his standing. I personally still back DMK. Even without an attack coach our results have still been better than last year, and we have certainly demonstrated a more varied approach to games. I think with a decent attack coach, we will do really well, probably starting next season though.
Last edited by Pellsey on Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I also get the impression that Dickens is not coming back
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Imo there are no question marks over DMK and he continues to move the club forward.
As for Dickens absent now for 4 months , if it can be done legally for the sake of both parties it needs ending one way or the other, and I too doubt he will return
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:32 am Imo there are no question marks over DMK and he continues to move the club forward.
I completely agree, but there are some people with football mindsets... It should be obvious given the circumstances especially with the results and how the games are played that he is making a very positive impact.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Pellsey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:41 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:32 am Imo there are no question marks over DMK and he continues to move the club forward.
I completely agree, but there are some people with football mindsets... It should be obvious given the circumstances especially with the results and how the games are played that he is making a very positive impact.
Agreed, full support from me. I'm genuinely surprised it's even a question to be honest.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Tiglon wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:05 am
Pellsey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:41 am
Agreed, full support from me. I'm genuinely surprised it's even a question to be honest.
There are some people in this forum who say "DMK out" after a couple of poor results (especially a couple of months ago).. maybe they mean it as a joke, but it is difficult to know without knowing the person. I am personally pretty much always wanting to have fun, but this is so rediculous, it is not even remotely amusing.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Full support for DMK.

Is it just me or is the language being used in the whole Dickens situation becoming less amicable and conciliatory.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

GB72 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:21 am Full support for DMK.

Is it just me or is the language being used in the whole Dickens situation becoming less amicable and conciliatory.
DMK is probably just responding to question put to him and pushing it back with a straight bat, giving nothing away and having to get on with the day to day job with resources available to him. People try to read into things and sometimes get it wrong. Whatever is happening, I am sure that it is being dealt with in a professional manner and will play out in due course and reported when there is something to tell.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:18 pm Just remembered this... before Leinster I stood pitch side with my lad and watched Matt Smith running the backs through some very simple passing drills. 10, 12 and 13 moving the ball down the line, unopposed.

They dropped the ball. A lot. Or passed it behind their teammate. Or too far in front. They got whoops of encouragement from the coaches but I was taken back by just how error prone they were, even in the warm-up.

Tough to be resilient playing Ireland when that's your preparation.
This is not attack this is skills. Needs less golf and more catching practice. Possibly a belief/ mindset thing too, which is a worry.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:32 am he continues to move the club forward.
I would be interested to know what areas you think he has moved us forward in.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sk 88 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:26 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:32 am he continues to move the club forward.
I would be interested to know what areas you think he has moved us forward in.
Player and coach engagement and the beginnings of an all round game. Also the promotion of younger players to the senior squad when deemed ready.
I use the word club because the improvement of a club is about so much more than the visible results of the first XV, particularly in a season where there has been so much upheaval through injuries and World Cup returnees.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Whilst the lack of an attack coach in situ has (rightly) raised questions , personally I believe it has deflected questions away from our defensive strategy - especially in open play. Stopping points is just as important as scoring them.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

If we don’t have an attack coach you would t be inclined to attack that much would you? No wonder we are kicking the ball away so much!

I agree that I think Dickens is not coming back but the lack of clarity makes an ever more painful situation worse. We should be asking- why have we not had one for so many months? Even if the club cannot let dickens go, why has it taken so long to get someone else in?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigers86asw wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:59 pm If we don’t have an attack coach you would t be inclined to attack that much would you? No wonder we are kicking the ball away so much!

I agree that I think Dickens is not coming back but the lack of clarity makes an ever more painful situation worse. We should be asking- why have we not had one for so many months? Even if the club cannot let dickens go, why has it taken so long to get someone else in?
It has been mentioned before that depending on what the situation is legally they can’t and also the funding if Dickens still being paid. Mckellar’s statement is as near to clarity as there has been and he said next to nothing