Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by Tiglon »

MrG2 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:04 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:49 pm Faz to Racing, confirmed
http://www.skysports.com/share/13054175
I suspect he'll thrive away from the pressure and rediscover his best form.

Good luck to him.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Unlike most on this board I’m a big Farrell fan.

Still I don’t see this as a big moment where RFU need to revisit eligibility rules as all journos claiming

We have 3 fly-half’s in England who would walk into most international squads. The Farrell-Ford era is over and it’s time for the Smiths.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Good luck to him, I say. Maybe he can succeed for Racing where Finn, Johnny Sexton and Dan Carter failed…
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

..very , very interesting to see who Sarries bring in.
A brilliantly coached and well drilled side over recent seasons (finance aside) and Farrell was instrumental amongst this.
Everything goes in cycles and though I would not bet against them next season the playing field is becoming more and more even.
This is a huge loss for them.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

SthrnTiger wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:51 pm Unlike most on this board I’m a big Farrell fan.

Still I don’t see this as a big moment where RFU need to revisit eligibility rules as all journos claiming

We have 3 fly-half’s in England who would walk into most international squads. The Farrell-Ford era is over and it’s time for the Smiths.
I agree with you about Farrell, mis liked by a lot of the rugby public but not by his peers.
Also re the Smiths, Marcus seems to be maturing every game, whereas Finns performance against Munster was superb
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

kk20gb30 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:26 am ..very , very interesting to see who Sarries bring in.
A brilliantly coached and well drilled side over recent seasons (finance aside) and Farrell was instrumental amongst this.
Everything goes in cycles and though I would not bet against them next season the playing field is becoming more and more even.
Looking at who’s around I don’t know who they would go for. New Zealand 10s tend to either stay at home or go to Japan. Australia haven’t really got a 10 of sufficient quality. South Africa are holding onto their young players and we’ve got Pollard, and the French stay in France.
I wonder if they may look to play Goode at 10 for a season and sign a project
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:34 am
kk20gb30 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:26 am ..very , very interesting to see who Sarries bring in.
Looking at who’s around I don’t know who they would go for. New Zealand 10s tend to either stay at home or go to Japan. Australia haven’t really got a 10 of sufficient quality. South Africa are holding onto their young players and we’ve got Pollard, and the French stay in France.
I'm not sure they can go for a huge name - I would imagine they will now use the marquee spot to keep Itoje.

A couple of Irish 10's have been speculated, Carbery and Jackson. I think either would work well for them.
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

Seen comments from Sarries fans who would throw the 10 shirt at Lozowski and spend OF's wages elsewhere. Notably front row
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:40 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:34 am
I'm not sure they can go for a huge name - I would imagine they will now use the marquee spot to keep Itoje.

A couple of Irish 10's have been speculated, Carbery and Jackson. I think either would work well for them.
Hasn’t Itoje agreed a hybrid contract or am I imagining that
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

MrG2 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:46 am Seen comments from Sarries fans who would throw the 10 shirt at Lozowski and spend OF's wages elsewhere. Notably front row
From memory, never that reliable, Lozowski did play at 10 for Wasps and during his time in France
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:29 am
SthrnTiger wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:51 pm Unlike most on this board I’m a big Farrell fan.

I agree with you about Farrell, mis liked by a lot of the rugby public but not by his peers.
Also re the Smiths, Marcus seems to be maturing every game, whereas Finns performance against Munster was superb
And there’s the point. I’m a big Faz fan as a person and a player (as long as he’s at 10). Go fill yer boots elsewhere Faz and good luck to you I say. Do what is right for you. But is it such a big loss to English rugby? Can we really not cope? Watching the England videos around international time and listening to his peers and his supporters he is certainly very intense. Perhaps now a few players will have a chance to…how do I say it….act and play with a little more freedom? Room to breathe and express themselves and get more opportunities (Borthers permitting of course!). Maybe that’s what the team and certain players need? Time will tell I guess. I think it’s going to be fascinating not only to see him operating in a different shirt and a different country.

And his canonisation strikes me as a little odd as it seems not that long ago that the majority of the media (journalistic and social) liked nothing better than to lay the blame for a lot of England’s ills at his door. They seem a little silent now.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Jackson going to Sarries would ramp up a lot of peoples dislike to the club.
To win is not as important as playing with style!