Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by sam16111986 »

PeteK wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:52 pm Looks like Sinkler is off, flew to Toulon for a medical.
Makes sense. He's been appalling value for money for Bristol. This is his fifth season and so far in these four and a half seasons with Bristol he's managed 52 games. His rumoured salary is £475k, obviously no idea how accurate that is but he obviously isn't cheap. I can't see Bristol sticking their hand in their pocket for another two years of injuries and international call ups.

I presume his agent has done the rounds of the Prem clubs and found little interest at that level of remuneration so is looking abroad. Particularly because Sinckler isn't first choice with England currently. At 30 (31 by the end of the season) Sinckler is likely looking for a big pay day on what will be the remainder of his peak years. Can't really blame him. A rugby players career only lasts so long and it's not like he's a great technical scrummager like Coley or the other tightheads that tend to still be going when they're closer to 40 than 30.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:26 pm
PeteK wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:52 pm Looks like Sinkler is off, flew to Toulon for a medical.
Makes sense. He's been appalling value for money for Bristol. This is his fifth season and so far in these four and a half seasons with Bristol he's managed 52 games. His rumoured salary is £475k, obviously no idea how accurate that is but he obviously isn't cheap. I can't see Bristol sticking their hand in their pocket for another two years of injuries and international call ups.

I presume his agent has done the rounds of the Prem clubs and found little interest at that level of remuneration so is looking abroad. Particularly because Sinckler isn't first choice with England currently. At 30 (31 by the end of the season) Sinckler is likely looking for a big pay day on what will be the remainder of his peak years. Can't really blame him. A rugby players career only lasts so long and it's not like he's a great technical scrummager like Coley or the other tightheads that tend to still be going when they're closer to 40 than 30.
He’s got worse as far as I can tell.
With Cole being the age he is the depth at tighthead because even more of a problem.
Also implies he’s not getting a hybrid contract?
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:35 am I would have taken Farrell at Tigers before Pollard everyday of the week.
Handré is a class act and 2 x World Cup medals puts you in the hall of fame, but I am a little concerned by his form.

The errors seem to have crept in this season. He's never been a 'moment of magic' fly half, so any drop in his dependability is noticeable.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

if Sinckler goes we'll probably lose Cole and Heyes for the 6N given the lack of depth in the tighthead role for England
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:49 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:35 am I would have taken Farrell at Tigers before Pollard everyday of the week.
Handré is a class act and 2 x World Cup medals puts you in the hall of fame, but I am a little concerned by his form.

The errors seem to have crept in this season. He's never been a 'moment of magic' fly half, so any drop in his dependability is noticeable.
It's noticeable when he's trying to force the game from a losing position!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:49 pm

I thought he was very poor today when he came on, we had momentum, 2 man advantage and from 10 yrds out he kicks it dead, why :smt017 Some of his passing was also poor.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Watching the game it looked no more dead than the La Rochelle kick that Mike brown was underneath and was sure had gone dead but the AR said was OK
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Didn't look dead to me either. If he did kick it dead, why did he do it? Well, I suspect he's probably a human and will therefore make mistakes.

I've seen Carter, Farrell, Sexton, Wilkinson etc etc all make similar errors.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Louis Rees Zammit to the NFL

Post by TigerCam »

Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Louis Rees Zammit to the NFL

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Huge loss for Wales and Gloucester. Massive opportunity for him.
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

What a shock that is, wonder which others could make the transition
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

MrG2 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:10 pm What a shock that is, wonder which others could make the transition
Very few. The skill set, conditioning, body type are completely different in the NFL, save for wide receiver which I assume is where LRZ is going to try out. Someone like Kata could possibly make running back, but for example up front Jason Kelce who plays centre is considered on the small side at 20 stone
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

he won't make it I'm afraid lots of players with his speed that have played the game all their lives flop in the NFL the standard is so high, but fair play for giving it a crack.

He doesn't have the bulk to be a running back, maybe as a wider receiver he'd have a chance, 10 years ago as a kick returner he could have been a success but the rules have basically taken returns out of the game
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:00 pm he won't make it I'm afraid lots of players with his speed that have played the game all their lives flop in the NFL the standard is so high, but fair play for giving it a crack.

He doesn't have the bulk to be a running back, maybe as a wider receiver he'd have a chance, 10 years ago as a kick returner he could have been a success but the rules have basically taken returns out of the game
I agree odds are against him, but as you say fair play to him
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

Speaking as an Englishman, I find the news about LRZ really depressing. It seems to add to the general air of despondency that surrounds British rugby at the moment both on and off the field. He's one of the very few British players with real star quality and he's lost to our sport for at least a couple of years and maybe for ever.