Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by Scott1 »

Farrell over Pollard? No chance for me, different gravy! Crazy talk imo
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:20 am Farrell over Pollard? No chance for me, different gravy! Crazy talk imo
Agree . Farrell a yellow or red card waiting to happen.
A2O
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:35 am I would have taken Farrell at Tigers before Pollard everyday of the week. He is a natural winner with a will to win at any cost. Reminds me of the same mindset of Rugby and Tigers greatest Captain. Not in talent as Jono was world class but desire to win and willingness to play on the edge. He will be great in France and will hopefully prolong his career. Badly treated by the media because of who he is and who he plays for. Good luck to him going to France if it happens.
I agree with you Dr F!! Farrell is a great player at 10, it's rubbish to say he's just a kicking fly half, Sarries have ben playing an attractive style of rugby for a few seasons now.

It's not his fault he was played so often at 12 for England, although some may forget it was Ford 10, Farrell 12 V NZ in the epic semi final victory in 2019.

Everyone's allowed their opinion regarding all players, BUT the vitriol and negativity that Farrell has faced (from supposed England fans) is a disgrace. I wish him well in France.

I hope he plays well today, just not as well as HP!!
Soggypitch
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Sorry, i don’t think I explained myself particularly well. I would never take Farrell over Pollard. Scott is spot on they are a different world apart. But if Pollard wasn’t a thing and we could have got Farrell, then I for one would have loved to have seen him in a Tigers shirt. That will to win and aggressive attitude is probably why we all love Brown.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:13 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:25 pm Borthwick has now announced that Sinfield will leave the England set up after the tour to New Zealand and Japan
Demoted according to DT, I find it amazing that he has been given individual skills and kicking! Kicking, when did you see kicking in RL other than goal kicking, how did he learn that skill, very strange? :smt017 :smt017
Sinfield was an outstanding goal kicker in his playing days. There is a clip around of him during England training of him making a kicking tee out of snow and kicking the ball through the posts from the corner flag
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:24 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:25 pm Borthwick has now announced that Sinfield will leave the England set up after the tour to New Zealand and Japan
Demoted according to DT, I find it amazing that he has been given individual skills and kicking! Kicking, when did you see kicking in RL other than goal kicking, how did he learn that skill, very strange? :smt017 :smt017
Sinfield was an outstanding goal kicker in his playing days. There is a clip around of him during England training of him making a kicking tee out of snow and kicking the ball through the posts from the corner flag
Charlie Atkinson credited Sinfield with improving his kicking in the short time they were at the club together
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:37 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:24 pm

Charlie Atkinson credited Sinfield with improving his kicking in the short time they were at the club together
Shows what I know, Nothing.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

The playing abroad rule being changed is gathering pace now it's Farrell that could be going abroad,what a surprise!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:27 pm The playing abroad rule being changed is gathering pace now it's Farrell that could be going abroad,what a surprise!
Would be one way for the RFU to bring up a scrap with the PRL as contract talks are ongoing. Would be the RFU declaring open season on some the Prem's best talent. Would also make it difficult to get the squad together for the training weeks and rest weeks in the 6N plus the fourth AI etc which would hurt the RFU interests.

Currently the only person I've heard say they should make an exception is Sir Clive and I think we've all long moved past the point where we take him seriously.

Would also be a bad call for England not to move away from a flyhalf that isn't the in form option and who won't make the next world cup. Farrell removing himself from selection probably helps England long term. He's been a good servant to his country but the world cup should be where it ends.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:28 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:27 pm The playing abroad rule being changed is gathering pace now it's Farrell that could be going abroad,what a surprise!
Would be one way for the RFU to bring up a scrap with the PRL as contract talks are ongoing. Would be the RFU declaring open season on some the Prem's best talent. Would also make it difficult to get the squad together for the training weeks and rest weeks in the 6N plus the fourth AI etc which would hurt the RFU interests.

Currently the only person I've heard say they should make an exception is Sir Clive and I think we've all long moved past the point where we take him seriously.

Would also be a bad call for England not to move away from a flyhalf that isn't the in form option and who won't make the next world cup. Farrell removing himself from selection probably helps England long term. He's been a good servant to his country but the world cup should be where it ends.
Agreed. It would be the death knell of rugby in England.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Tigers86asw wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:36 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:28 pm

Agreed. It would be the death knell of rugby in England.
+1
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:36 pm That will to win and aggressive attitude is probably why we all love Brown.
The huge difference is that Brown plays within the laws IMHO. I am absolutely astounded what Fazlet gets away with. For example, he hurt his shoulder last weekend because of a shoulder barge (a tackle without wrapping his arms) and absolutely nobody mentioned it. Something like this happens every week with him, and some people wonder why he is disliked. There is gamesmanship and there is dirty.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/Nabasboer/status/17 ... tt3eQ&s=19

Has Jacques Burger accidentally let the cat out the bag?!?

Or did he genuinely think it was confirmed somewhere as per his follow up tweet?

https://twitter.com/Nabasboer/status/17 ... 5ZP8w&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Going backwards quicker than the Sarries scrum did last weekend :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
PeteK
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PeteK »

Looks like Sinkler is off, flew to Toulon for a medical.