Tigers v La Rochelle (A) - Champions Cup - Sunday 14th January 2024 - KO - 3-15pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v La Rochelle (A) - Champions Cup - Sunday 14th January 2024 - KO - 3-15pm

Post by markharbtiger »

Much to my surprise Stade Rochelais is only mid-table in the French T14. Anyone know why?
parvacat

Re: Tigers v La Rochelle (A) - Champions Cup - Sunday 14th January 2024 - KO - 3-15pm

Post by parvacat »

Flights , Stansted to Poitiers £31 return with Ryanair .....shall I, shan't I?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

markharbtiger wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:39 pm Much to my surprise Stade Rochelais is only mid-table in the French T14. Anyone know why?
I think I read, possibly from our French correspondent Robes, that they gave their French squad members extended time off. Certainly Aldred is only just back playing, if he is ?
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

parvacat wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:47 pm Flights , Stansted to Poitiers £31 return with Ryanair .....shall I, shan't I?
Do it .I wish I had seen that offer I just decided to go via train …I can’t miss this ! ✊
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:44 am I would like to see maybe
1. Cronin, 2. Montoya, 3. Heyes
4. Martin, 5. Chessum
6. Hatherell, 7. Reffell, 8. Wiese
9. Youngs, 10. Pollard
12. Kata, 13. Kelly
11. Brown, 14. Watson, 15. Shillcock

16. FTT, 17. Whitcombe, 18. Hurd
19. Wells, 21. Cracknell
21. Whiteley, 22. Wilkinson, 23. Simmons

I don't expect it though.
Good call and I believe that’s very close. I think he will rest a few key players from the initial “boom” of KO but save them for impact on the bench …I think we will go as strong as we can….Cole has been rested and may start and I think Dan may leave Jasper, Andre and Heyes on the bench to bring an impact 2nd half …whatever happens I have just decided to go ☀️
Raimond
Tiger Cub

Post by Raimond »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:57 pm
markharbtiger wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:39 pm Much to my surprise Stade Rochelais is only mid-table in the French T14. Anyone know why?
I think I read, possibly from our French correspondent Robes, that they gave their French squad members extended time off. Certainly Aldred is only just back playing, if he is ?
Alldritt has just come back from 2 months out with osteoarthritis of the knee. They had injuries and were off form....now back to pretty much full strength and looking ominous.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:57 pm
Yes. Their early season results weren’t good, mainly due to the unavailability of the French squad players(the same with Toulouse). Grégory Alldritt is now back and unsurprisingly the team’s now back in business, just in time to play Tigers!
Semper in excretia
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

My apologies of course Alldritt rather than Aldred the kicking coach
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

The La Rochelle fans club have invited us to join them in a meal before the game and has asked us to take any flags we have for swops.
Bonjour
Nous vous recevrons avec plaisir
Il faudrait que vous soyez à 12H.00 pour partager ce repas avec les supporters de La Rochelle
Le tarif est de 20.00 € par personne et le règlement en espèces le jour de votre venue
Notre salle se trouve en face du Stade Marcel Deflandre Avenue du Maréchal Juin
A bientôt et bonnes fêtes de fin d'année
NICOLE

Good morning
We will receive you with pleasure
You would have to be at 12 p.m. to share this meal with the supporters of La Rochelle
The price is €20.00 per person and payment in cash on the day of your arrival
Our room is located opposite the Stade Marcel Deflandre Avenue du Maréchal Juin
See you soon and happy holiday season
NICOLE

Don't know how many they can accommodate so first come first served I suspect
Hehehehehehehehe
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

trendylfj wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:57 am The La Rochelle fans club have invited us to join them in a meal before the game and has asked us to take any flags we have for swops.
Bonjour
Nous vous recevrons avec plaisir
Il faudrait que vous soyez à 12H.00 pour partager ce repas avec les supporters de La Rochelle
Le tarif est de 20.00 € par personne et le règlement en espèces le jour de votre venue
Notre salle se trouve en face du Stade Marcel Deflandre Avenue du Maréchal Juin
A bientôt et bonnes fêtes de fin d'année
NICOLE

Good morning
We will receive you with pleasure
You would have to be at 12 p.m. to share this meal with the supporters of La Rochelle
The price is €20.00 per person and payment in cash on the day of your arrival
Our room is located opposite the Stade Marcel Deflandre Avenue du Maréchal Juin
See you soon and happy holiday season
NICOLE

Don't know how many they can accommodate so first come first served I suspect
Enjoy Trendy! We did something similar many years ago with the Perpignan fans........enjoyed that more than the game as made the mistake of standing in their "bear pit" behind horrible high railings, couldn't hardly see anything!!
Fun weekend away though!!
Soggypitch
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

KiwiTig wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:34 am I think he will rest a few key players from the initial “boom” of KO but save them for impact on the bench
In modern parlance, we'll definitely need 'finishers' against a team like La Rochelle.

Martin, Kata and Kelly are the only players who've started >3 of the last games, so we should be relatively fresh.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I appreciate a little ahead of time, just seen the forecast for the Leinster game weekend is dropping down to minus 8 and not getting above minus 2 could prove tricky
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Leicester Tigers have named their team for Sunday’s Investec Champions Cup clash against La Rochelle at Stade Marcel Deflandre at 3:15pm GMT live on TNT Sports.

Tigers travel to the two-time defending champions sitting in second place in Pool 4 and on level points with Leinster.

Leicester welcome back England wing Anthony Watson and round one try-scorer Josh Bassett for the trip to France, with Ben Youngs partnering Jamie Shillcock in the halves.

Olly Cracknell and Kyle Hatherell rotate into the starting backrow with World Cup winners Jasper Wiese and Handré Pollard named in the finishers.

There’s also a place for centre Matt Scott, the Scottish international returning from an injury sustained in round one against DHL Stormers.

Leicester Tigers head coach, Dan McKellar said: “It’s great to get a few players back from injury this week and we’ll hopefully get a few more back over the next couple of weeks.

“To get a result the way we did in Paris in December was a great memory for all involved and it’s left us in good shape to throw everything at these next two games.

“La Rochelle, two-time defending champions at their famous ground; it’s a brilliant challenge for us and we’re looking forward to it.”

STARTING XV

15 Mike Brown [19]
14 Anthony Watson [18]
13 Dan Kelly [71]
12 Solomone Kata [10]
11 Josh Bassett [11]
10 Jamie Shillcock [16]
9 Ben Youngs [309]

1 James Cronin [25]
2 Julián Montoya (c) [50]
3 Dan Cole [316]
4 George Martin [72]
5 Ollie Chessum [51]
6 Matt Rogerson [13]
7 Olly Cracknell [32]
8 Kyle Hatherell [11]

REPLACEMENTS

16 Finn Theobold-Thomas [5]
17 Francois van Wyk [44]
18 Joe Heyes [135]
19 Sam Carter [10]
20 Jasper Wiese [69]
21 Tom Whiteley [20]
22 Handré Pollard [23]
23 Matt Scott [71]
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

strong starting team and a high impact bench

great to see Scott, Watson, Bassett and Crackers back fit and starting again

dare to dream???
Less is more....
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Bunchy wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:06 pm strong starting team and a high impact bench

great to see Scott, Watson, Bassett and Crackers back fit and starting again

dare to dream???
Hope so.
As you say, strong all round. Let's just hope they've had lots and lots of catching/passing practice.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina