Nottingham Rugby Club

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

thunderbirds

Nottingham Rugby Club

Post by thunderbirds »

This is so sad. I wonder if they will be able to host our friendly match next month.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding ... =8Aj5ZqzYR
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Nottingham Rugby Club

Post by Robespierre »

Done!! I have fond memories of playing at Notts back in the 70s and I wish them well in their fund raising.
Semper in excretia
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

thunderbirds wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:41 pm This is so sad. I wonder if they will be able to host our friendly match next month.

100% that game will take place in some sort of guise, given our strategic partnership with them I wouldn't be surprised if we end up hosting though
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
thunderbirds

Post by thunderbirds »

Yes I thought we could do that and hopefully give some of the proceeds to them if its possible.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Perhaps time for another match shirt auction afterwards as that always seems to raise decent money for good causes.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:08 pm
thunderbirds wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:41 pm This is so sad. I wonder if they will be able to host our friendly match next month.

100% that game will take place in some sort of guise, given our strategic partnership with them I wouldn't be surprised if we end up hosting though
I would doubt that this match would be hosted at MWWR...........it will cost the club to put it on and in todays climate where they are looking to reduce costs.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:47 pm

I would doubt that this match would be hosted at MWWR...........it will cost the club to put it on and in todays climate where they are looking to reduce costs.
Tbf if they put it on as a "fundraiser" I wouldn't be surprised if they got a decent attendance.

That said I suspect it may either be played as a behind closed doors game (we've done with Nottingham before or at Oval Park potentially.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:22 pm

Tbf if they put it on as a "fundraiser" I wouldn't be surprised if they got a decent attendance.

That said I suspect it may either be played as a behind closed doors game (we've done with Nottingham before or at Oval Park potentially.
Club could host at minimum cost by just opening Crumbie and Terrace as per they used to for 'A' League games. Would still hold more than Lady Bay and keep stewarding costs etc to minimum.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

fentiger wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:36 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:22 pm

Club could host at minimum cost by just opening Crumbie and Terrace as per they used to for 'A' League games. Would still hold more than Lady Bay and keep stewarding costs etc to minimum.
Ah! A breath of fresh air in giving positivity in helping our friends play and raise monies in their hour of need. Especially with lots of bucket collectors,, Oh how we miss those 'A' League games on Monday nights. :smt023
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Anyone know how the old Beeston ground is looking? Probably under water too.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Old Hob wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:12 pm Anyone know how the old Beeston ground is looking? Probably under water too.
It's a housing estate now isn't it?
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

GB72 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:44 pm Perhaps time for another match shirt auction afterwards as that always seems to raise decent money for good causes.
I wonder if we've lost the ability to do that with the MatchWornShirt sponsorship tie-up?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:05 pm
Old Hob wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:12 pm Anyone know how the old Beeston ground is looking? Probably under water too.
It's a housing estate now isn't it?
Yep. I looked at it and wept the last time I was down there. Some great memories when my lads were playing.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
thunderbirds

Post by thunderbirds »

Update- the support has been amazing - 42% raised so far. What's just as nice are the fantastic messages from supporters of other clubs and from clubs like Doncaster and Bedford.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

thunderbirds wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:09 pm Update- the support has been amazing - 42% raised so far. What's just as nice are the fantastic messages from supporters of other clubs and from clubs like Doncaster and Bedford.
:smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Semper in excretia