Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Other matches - 05-07th January 2024

Post by Tiglon »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:27 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:25 pm
Tigers86asw wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:18 pm

You may well be right about Kelly. I agree it probably wasn’t a try, but if we are saying every decision has to be right, no matter what or when it happens, we will be stopping the game for the TMO all the time- and we are.

We can’t stop the game as often as we are for the the TMO - the point I am making not whether the calls are right but wrong.

It’s like the knock on nonsense. Sometimes the TMO intervenes for a knock on and other times they don’t.

It is so inconsistent.
Completely agree that there should be more consistency about when they get involved. Some games they pipe up about everything, others you wonder if they've wondered off for a pint.
It’s also the influence that the pundits in the studio have on the TMO that winds me up
Agree, but let's not get started on Healey again :smt044
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:27 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:25 pm
Tigers86asw wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:18 pm

You may well be right about Kelly. I agree it probably wasn’t a try, but if we are saying every decision has to be right, no matter what or when it happens, we will be stopping the game for the TMO all the time- and we are.

We can’t stop the game as often as we are for the the TMO - the point I am making not whether the calls are right but wrong.

It’s like the knock on nonsense. Sometimes the TMO intervenes for a knock on and other times they don’t.

It is so inconsistent.
Completely agree that there should be more consistency about when they get involved. Some games they pipe up about everything, others you wonder if they've wondered off for a pint.
It’s also the influence that the pundits in the studio have on the TMO that winds me up
Just adds to the idea that we have another two people re reffing the game.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Well at the end there Gloucester messed up getting a draw. Pack very good but talented backs mess up!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Felt that the referee seemed very quick to penalise Gloucester at every opportunity
A2O
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Tough one for Gloucester, and a rare one where the team that kicked the most metres lost - probably because Bath made 606 metres with ball in hand vs Glouc 324.

They really should have at least got a draw, Hastings will be kicking himself about that pass near the end.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Bath were pretty rubbish as well today. However, apparently, it's all because of 'the necessary rotations' they are having to do due to competing on two fronts :smt044 :smt044
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Yes: like the BBC saying Saracens had an awful injury list v Tigers! Mako was out through a red card and Earl and others( apart from Goode) were back!
Shame Gloucester messed up at the end: a draw would have been great to keep the league tighter.
At least for Tigers we know IF we beat Quins( dam difficult if Borthwick calls up half the squad) then we will have a chance of top 4!