Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: 23/24 Injury/Suspension/Absent International List

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://archive.is/WOqDU

Scotsman article (paywall removed) Cam Henderson and Fraser Brown talking ACL recoveries...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Freddie Steward had his left arm in a sling after the game yesterday.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:25 am Freddie Steward had his left arm in a sling after the game yesterday.
Sadly not surprised that tackle whilst he was in the air should have been reviewed and it only was not because it happened in the first 5 mins of the game. In my opinion Pearce bottled it
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

sapajo wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:55 am
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:25 am Freddie Steward had his left arm in a sling after the game yesterday.
Sadly not surprised that tackle whilst he was in the air should have been reviewed and it only was not because it happened in the first 5 mins of the game. In my opinion Pearce bottled it
Not for me - just a rugby collision with two players competing in the air
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:12 pm
Agreed. I've also said on another thread that there was more than one impact on his shoulder and the one where he starts carrying his left arm is after the kick chase from Sarries half and beating a couple of onrushing players during the return. That was the one where he started carrying his left arm.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

One thing I noticed was this weekend Dolly was in a tracksuit not civvies in the song after the game. That's the first week I've seen that post injury, so hopefully he's not too far away now.

https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/sta ... mhZRg&s=19
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:12 am One thing I noticed was this weekend Dolly was in a tracksuit not civvies in the song after the game. That's the first week I've seen that post injury, so hopefully he's not too far away now.

Although as the camera pans round it looks as if he's still quite stiff turning his head?
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Bobmac »

picture on instagram of his neck with a nice scar!!
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

And that's not for me. I didn't see an aerial contest but a Sarrie backing into a descending Tiger!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:57 pm

And that's not for me. I didn't see an aerial contest but a Sarrie backing into a descending Tiger!
For me it was reminiscent of Hanro's red card against Wasps when he went for a ball from a Wasps kick off, spotted Bassett getting airborne and turned to minimise collision. Basset flew over the top of him and his feet caught Hanro, thereby flipping him. To me both similar in context...no intent, unsighted, rugby accident and both should have been treated the same. I'm not sure even if Pierce wasn't the ref then.
As Good As It Gets
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Why was it penalised then?
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Scuttle wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:25 pm
Nofrontteeth wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:57 pm

For me it was reminiscent of Hanro's red card against Wasps when he went for a ball from a Wasps kick off, spotted Bassett getting airborne and turned to minimise collision. Basset flew over the top of him and his feet caught Hanro, thereby flipping him. To me both similar in context...no intent, unsighted, rugby accident and both should have been treated the same. I'm not sure even if Pierce wasn't the ref then.
Exactly, that is what I was trying to remember! Thanks!

For me consistancy is the issue here. I am against softening up the game, BUT, it should be clear what is permissable (as a rugby incedent) and what is a penalty, then what is a card offence. This will also make a sir's life easier not to mention reduce the criticism they get.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:12 am One thing I noticed was this weekend Dolly was in a tracksuit not civvies in the song after the game. That's the first week I've seen that post injury, so hopefully he's not too far away now.

Having neck surgery for an alleged bulging disc is a big deal and at this juncture I think it's not possible to determine when he returns based solely upon what he was wearing.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sapajo wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:01 am

Having neck surgery for an alleged bulging disc is a big deal and at this juncture I think it's not possible to determine when he returns based solely upon what he was wearing.
True but unless they are doing some level of warm up/exercise on match day most players turn up in casual clothing. Which suggests he may have been doing even light warmups etc
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

OHC shown on Instagram doing gym work sans boot