Tigers v Saracens (H) - Premiership - Saturday 06th January 2024 - KO- 3-05pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Saracens (H) - Premiership - Saturday 06th January 2024 - KO- 3-05pm

Post by Postiger2 »

Dogged performance, the defence was brilliant. The absence of a front line attack coach is glaring, as others have already said. The disappointment is that we should have had 5 points.

Austin is unbearable by the way. He genuinely spoils games for me. Tiresome
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Saracens (H) - Premiership - Saturday 06th January 2024 - KO- 3-05pm

Post by ads »

Been out on a very unsuccessful 'take the dog mountain biking' trip and just checked the scores.

GET IN!!!!! 🍻
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

New drinking game for compulsive alcoholics........

Drink every time Dayglo says "DNA"

Drink every time Healy says "I'd like to have another look at that"

Drink every time one corrects the other

Remy when Tigers show both of them up. :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I saw a young Sarries fan stood on the barrier at the Europcar end of the pitch, supported by his dad, holding up a home made poster saying "Owen please leave". Given how much has been written about the abuse OF has received in the past few months and the recent speculation of his departure for France, I felt this was really inappropriate. And coming from an apparent Sarries fan!
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Great performance, apart from the handling - which I think is as much of a problem with timing as it is with actual handling skills. Many of the errors were when the runner was either ahead of or behind where the passer expected him to be - it is, hopefully, something that will improve as the team gets used to the new more expansive plan and new attacking structures. One of the knock ons was clearly due to being tackled before he started the catch, bit not penalised.

Dominated them up front and defensively other than, as someone else pointed out, the ease with which they split us open in the 13 channel from set plays. Worth remembering though that Sarries these days are extremely accurate in those situations and not easy to defend.

I would have thought hands in the scrum on your own line while going backwards at a rate of knots is as clear a yellow card as is possible, but apparently not. Did Sarries ever get put on a warning for all the scrum penalties? I didn't see one, but I muted the commentary for obvious reasons and may have missed it.

Both teams grabbing each other's arms in the lineout and getting away with it, as well as one player diving on the ball right next to a ruck and right in front of the ref - the explanation I can think of is that Pearce forgot about that rule.

Sarries offside at every single ruck/scrum/maul, but then Tigers may have been too and I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Both teams missing plenty of players.

Chessum and Martin put down a big marker today - who does Borthwick leave out of the second row?

Ben Earl looks like he's putting on timber, I reckon he's being groomed as a permanent no.8 for Sarries and England. Segun is becoming a really awkward player to play against.

Kelly made a bit of a statement, and was unfortunate not to get the second try.

More good stuff from Simmons, and Brown was on top form.

Should really have been a bonus point, but you can't complain too much about 4-0 vs Sarries. Good progress from Tigers!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

WirralExile wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:07 pm I saw a young Sarries fan stood on the barrier at the Europcar end of the pitch, supported by his dad, holding up a home made poster saying "Owen please leave". Given how much has been written about the abuse OF has received in the past few months and the recent speculation of his departure for France, I felt this was really inappropriate. And coming from an apparent Sarries fan!
That's almost unbelievable. Imagine being the record points scorer for your own country, leading your club to every trophy possible, sticking around when they get relegated, and still being unwanted by your own fans... I'd be sodding off to France too if I was him!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

thebearisstilldeano wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:07 pm New drinking game for compulsive alcoholics........

:smt023 :smt044
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:10 pm
WirralExile wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:07 pm I saw a young Sarries fan stood on the barrier at the Europcar end of the pitch, supported by his dad, holding up a home made poster saying "Owen please leave". Given how much has been written about the abuse OF has received in the past few months and the recent speculation of his departure for France, I felt this was really inappropriate. And coming from an apparent Sarries fan!
That's almost unbelievable. Imagine being the record points scorer for your own country, leading your club to every trophy possible, sticking around when they get relegated, and still being unwanted by your own fans... I'd be sodding off to France too if I was him!
If it's the same lad they showed on the TV it actually said 'please DON'T leave' and Farrell went over and hugged him after the game.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

fentiger wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:11 pm
thebearisstilldeano wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:07 pm New drinking game for compulsive alcoholics........

You would be a mess by half time..be worse than playing the Where Eagles Dare version of the game..
There is never any points for 2nd place...
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Well the "don't" wasn't very visible from 10 feet away where I saw it from at the ground. If it was visible on TV, I'll put my orthopaedic shoes on (and stand corrected)
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Love it! I'd have been squiffy after the first quarter!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I haven't watched a game for two years now with the sound on, way better than listening to idiots who are just "me, me , me"
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I can’t fathom the amount of handling errors in the 22 but 4-0 match points against Sarries shouldn’t be a disappointment. There were no facets of the game where they were better than us, in spite of some decent backs movements here and there.
The game is afoot…
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Samhorace
Tiger Cub

Post by Samhorace »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:18 pm

You would be a mess by half time..be worse than playing the Where Eagles Dare version of the game..
OF performance today can not be faulted. His pass to Dan Kelly was perfect.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Samhorace wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:47 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:18 pm

OF performance today can not be faulted. His pass to Dan Kelly was perfect.
Plus a couple of forward passes too!