Tigers v Saracens (H) - Premiership - Saturday 06th January 2024 - KO- 3-05pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saracens (H) - Premiership - Saturday 06th January 2024 - KO- 3-05pm

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes it's a bit concerning with regard to what must be injuries to Cole and Hanro. Nevertheless we have good cover in those positions.....

However we don't at centre or wing, so it is disappointing that Watson, OHC, Bassett, Porter and Scott are all still out. Still it is what it is and if we play to our full potential, we have a chance!!

6-2 split always worries me!
Soggypitch
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saracens (H) - Premiership - Saturday 06th January 2024 - KO- 3-05pm

Post by westwinds31 »

Expecting a tight one, Sarries bench looks stacked and could be the difference, assuming it's close with 15/20 mins to go.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Think we can win this. Their loosehead isn’t the best scrummager and their hooker shakey at lineout time. Areas we can target them.

A good test either way. Lose this and the season is probably over which is a shame but we should’ve really nicked a win or two at the start when we still had good squad depth.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:16 pm Think we can win this. Their loosehead isn’t the best scrummager and their hooker shakey at lineout time. Areas we can target them.

A good test either way. Lose this and the season is probably over which is a shame but we should’ve really nicked a win or two at the start when we still had good squad depth.
Lose and the season is over? Incredible comment.....
Europe, Prem cup and we wouldn't even be out of it in the league - far from over whatever happens Saturday.
Less is more....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Bunchy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:24 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:16 pm Think we can win this. Their loosehead isn’t the best scrummager and their hooker shakey at lineout time. Areas we can target them.

Europe, Prem cup and we wouldn't even be out of it in the league - far from over whatever happens Saturday.
I'm sure someone has said this before pretty much every match for the last 2/3 months.

However, lose this and we're probably 10/11 points off the playoffs, which isn't insurmountable in 7 more games, but there would be 3 teams in 4th 5th 6th who would probably all be 10/11 points clear of us so it would start to get pretty difficult - and it would get very close to a situation where we are hoping other future results go in our favour rather than just hoping to win our own games.

We've named a strong side, and that Sarries lineup has weaknesses - 50/50 for me, it should be a good game if we've learnt our lessons of not kicking enough in the reverse fixture earlier in the season. :smt002
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

6-2 replacement split again. I'm really not a fan. Are we THAT short of backs cover?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:43 pm

I'm sure someone has said this before pretty much every match for the last 2/3 months.

However, lose this and we're probably 10/11 points off the playoffs, which isn't insurmountable in 7 more games, but there would be 3 teams in 4th 5th 6th who would probably all be 10/11 points clear of us so it would start to get pretty difficult - and it would get very close to a situation where we are hoping other future results go in our favour rather than just hoping to win our own games.
Yes sorry when I said season I meant premiership season.

Seven games after tomorrow. Three very tough away games at Quins, Sale and Saints which will be difficult to get points from.

I’d say if we win tomorrow we’ve got a mixed chance at top 4 but it’s still within our grasp - with the remaining home fixtures and Newcastle away. Lose and I’m struggling to see where we’ll be able to make up the points deficit from.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:48 pm 6-2 replacement split again. I'm really not a fan. Are we THAT short of backs cover?
As i mentioned on another thread, it does seem to show a lack of confidence in our wider squad when we choose that over calling in some of the centers and wingers we used in the PRC (unless the likes of Cokanasiga are injured as well as he would seem ideal bench cover allowing Kata to go on the wing if needed). I guess an injury in the centers and or wing and you have to bump Pollard to 12 and bring Shilcock in at fly half.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Can't be sure which Sarries team will turn up this season, unusually. Had some poor results and inconsistencies, but equally are capable of destroying Quins at The Stoop.

Definitely need to be on our game defensively, and try and batter them in the tight game.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Hoped to see JVP and some injury returnees but not so :smt010 I will be happy to get an LBP as I cannot see us winning with that team but will gladly eat humble pie if we do.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Even a 5 point win won't budge us up a place; so we need as many of them as we can get. COYT
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Great 23
Looking forward to the game
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Got to say I don't have a good feeling about it.

I feel we have too many missing and I don't think we've really clicked fully.

Not to say we can't win but I'd say it's 30/70.

What are the bookies saying?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I wouldnt say its over but we are in 7th place, even a 5 point win will not move us up as Sarries are 6 points in front, I think we have to be realistic but lets hope for the best, we really lost out at the start of the season, I thought we would do better but I think I misread the strength of our back up squad.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

ourla wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:02 pm Got to say I don't have a good feeling about it.

I feel we have too many missing and I don't think we've really clicked fully.

Not to say we can't win but I'd say it's 30/70.

What are the bookies saying?
Tigers are slight favourites.