23/24 Injury/Suspension/Absent International List

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: 23/24 Injury/Suspension/Absent International List

Post by fentiger »

I would suggest that DC will be playing this week as he is front of house on the social media post released by Tigers this afternoon :smt023
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

With Saracens possibly down to their 4th choice loosehead a fit Cole could have a big say on proceedings
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Soggypitch wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:55 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:22 am https://twitter.com/ClaireHopkins29/sta ... eSPuA&s=19

Also spotted this. It may have been precautionary why he came off but sometimes you take precautions too late...

Really hope we have 2 fit centres next weekend
It really would be appreciated (by me anyway), if the Club could provide a broad update on all our injured backs.........JVP. Lenny, OHC, Bassett, Watson, Porter, Scott and now Kata. Don't need a detailed medical bulletin, just a rough idea when they may be back fit.
The same goes for Dolly, Vanes and Clare.
We can but hope!
Injuries don't necessarily heal at expected rates. You can give an update one week which is then completely worthless the following as the player is suddenly much further ahead or behind schedule. Just a lost of those injured is fine and more than we had previously.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Looking a little head of time, but with the 6 nations starting in early February do any posters know if we will loose our England players for the Quins game too
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:15 am Looking a little head of time, but with the 6 nations starting in early February do any posters know if we will loose our England players for the Quins game too
Yep my understanding is that is the only game affected by the 6N as that will be an England training week. We will however still have the likes of Reffell as non England players will still be with us.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:40 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:15 am Looking a little head of time, but with the 6 nations starting in early February do any posters know if we will loose our England players for the Quins game too
Yep my understanding is that is the only game affected by the 6N as that will be an England training week. We will however still have the likes of Reffell as non England players will still be with us.
Thanks TFS. We do have Gloucester at home last weekend of the 6 nations too.
IMO we aren’t going to be as badly affected as previous years, with possibly only Steward, Chessum and Martin being called up, and depending on their recoveries JVP and Watson, who is a very good rugby player
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:08 am
IMO we aren’t going to be as badly affected as previous years, with possibly only Steward, Chessum and Martin being called up, and depending on their recoveries JVP and Watson, who is a very good rugby player
Gloucester game is weekend of the 23rd
6 Nations finishes on the 16th

There may be some rest requirements etc but that will probably be more juggled than the start of the season, depending on priorities in the Champions Cup vs the league as it will be at the time.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:34 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:08 am

Gloucester game is weekend of the 23rd
6 Nations finishes on the 16th

There may be some rest requirements etc but that will probably be more juggled than the start of the season, depending on priorities in the Champions Cup vs the league as it will be at the time.
Apologies I was looking at 2023 fixtures
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Kata pictured training on Instagram
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

If you listen to the Rolling Maul pod, Clare talks ablut his bicep injury and surgery post the Newcastle game
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

I thought I read somewhere that the England players will be available for the Quins game as they will be released by England
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Hopefully the release of Powell means our cover at 9 is good and JVP is due to return sooner rather than later.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

loretta wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:33 am Hopefully the release of Powell means our cover at 9 is good and JVP is due to return sooner rather than later.
Lenny was a dead leg and though painful, 2 weeks off at most with physio, JVP has had a slight set back and due back soon, from what I’ve read
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

With Freddie in a sling for the womens game he obviously took a knock. I doubt given our position in the European Cup that we'll risk him unless he's fully ok though. May struggle for alternatives though.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:52 pm With Freddie in a sling for the womens game he obviously took a knock. I doubt given our position in the European Cup that we'll risk him unless he's fully ok though. May struggle for alternatives though.
May have to go with Shillcock at 15 if we don't get one of Bassett, Watson or OHC back. Then Wilkinson at 10 if we want to rest Polly. Sod's Law that we let Atkinson go at the point when we might have needed him most!

Kata and Kelly are gonna get stretched over the next few weeks too, unless Guy or Scotty surprise us. Surely we'll see Cokanasiga at some point. Maybe Woodward or Cusick.

FYI, Charlie Clare was on the Rolling Maul pod this week, and said he had a ruptured bicep. An implication that he's a few weeks away, but getting there.