LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AViewFromLe2

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Brown's new deal is done, just needs announcing.

I'm sad to see Atkinson go, but when any player becomes third choice, it does become hard to keep them around. A club will always come along and offer him to be first or second choice ranking - something we could not do here. He just got leapfrogged here by Shillcock, shame but that's pro sport.

Just for pure comedy speculation, Evan Roos now follows James Whitcombe on Instagram. Rumours have started for less!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I mean Roos is out of contract....
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Roos would be great, however he must be one of the favourites for the Boks 8 shirt with Vermullen retiring and Jasper off to Japan.
Maybe he’s just a fan of Whitcombes tigers song
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:39 pm Brown's new deal is done, just needs announcing.

I'm sad to see Atkinson go, but when any player becomes third choice, it does become hard to keep them around. A club will always come along and offer him to be first or second choice ranking - something we could not do here. He just got leapfrogged here by Shillcock, shame but that's pro sport.

Just for pure comedy speculation, Evan Roos now follows James Whitcombe on Instagram. Rumours have started for less!!
Love that rumour, well spotted!!

Just need Wiese to have a word with him about how he fixed his discipline when he was here.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:45 pm Roos would be great, however he must be one of the favourites for the Boks 8 shirt with Vermullen retiring and Jasper off to Japan.
Why would Jasper going to Japan affect him?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:14 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:45 pm Roos would be great, however he must be one of the favourites for the Boks 8 shirt with Vermullen retiring and Jasper off to Japan.
I was thinking that their season may make it difficult for him to be selected especially for any Autumn tests, if you pay that much yen you are going to want your player available for pre season and start of the season.
Wouldn’t make any difference for the summer internationals series though
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Or maybe Roos has seen how Jasper’s career took off with us and thinks it’s a path worth following…???
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:29 pm
RagingBull wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:14 pm
I was thinking that their season may make it difficult for him to be selected especially for any Autumn tests, if you pay that much yen you are going to want your player available for pre season and start of the season.
Wouldn’t make any difference for the summer internationals series though
Considering the number of South African internationals that have and still do play over in Japan I don't think so. Faff, le Roux, Marx, Mostert, du Toit, de Allende, Kolbe etc. Clubs have to release players during international windows as well.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:39 pm Brown's new deal is done, just needs announcing.

Really? How do you know it’s done if it’s not been announced..
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigersunited wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:36 pm

I mean I'm not putting words in his mouth but it should be noted that Elliott does run the Rolling Maul fans podcast (along with Mike) so I'm sure has a few contacts in and around the club.

However the fact is that he's been pictured on the club social media training with the squad is quite a giveaway, it means he's either on trial with us as a free agent (all but impossible) or he's signed an extension.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

why do you need to know. He might be breaking a confidence if he tells everyone that.
A2O
JeffBadland
Tiger Cub

Post by JeffBadland »

I just did some journalism by adding Evan Roos on Duolingo... he's learning Japanese. We've got competition.
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:00 pm

I mean I'm not putting words in his mouth but it should be noted that Elliott does run the Rolling Maul fans podcast (along with Mike) so I'm sure has a few contacts in and around the club.

However the fact is that he's been pictured on the club social media training with the squad is quite a giveaway, it means he's either on trial with us as a free agent (all but impossible) or he's signed an extension.
Tbh take me out of it and there's enough evidence there. Adam Whitty tweeted that it was felt the deal was almost there, McKellar at the start of December said there was enough space to keep Brown and Watson, subsequently Atkinson has now gone freeing up more cash. McKellar after Bath said that we won't be farewelling him. Brown himself was given the microphone after the game against Bath, if he was going I'm pretty sure he would have said so and thanked the crowd for a farewell. Finally, like Steve has said, he's at training and all over the promotional posters for the game this Saturday. If he is leaving, it would be one hell of a u-turn given all the evidence!

I'm obviously not going to say details, but i get given whispers occasionally and i pass them on as the success rate is good. Not for any glory but we all like gossip and people like to know things. If i hear something, i am probably 3-4 steps at least away, so sometimes things can change but I will have no idea why, it is just the way these things work. Sometimes i do get it wrong, but that is life.

Ironically, for all the secrecy that Borthwick liked, more rumours came out during his tenure than have done under McKellar. Dan seems to be running a very tight ship.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Was expecting some more announcements this week after Martin and Heyes last week
PeteK
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PeteK »