Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: 23/24 Injury/Suspension/Absent International List

Post by Rugbygramps »

fentiger wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:15 am
Soggypitch wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:13 am As someone else said, it's a good job Mike Brown is so robust and versatile!!
And there are some who would give him his P45 now! :smt017
And there are some who completely misquote.
I said and still do extend his contract till the end of January. Unless you are intending to play him in the PRC games, he will have nothing to do until the end of March by which time most if not all of the injuries will have cleared.
The only new factor to take into account is any cap that may have been freed up by Atkinson moving on
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

There is an argument for keeping Brown intentionally for the PRC games... there is nothing like aiding the development of young kids than playing with highly experienced and motivating players like Brown... But this all depends on the cash, I guess!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Pellsey wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:23 pm There is an argument for keeping Brown intentionally for the PRC games... there is nothing like aiding the development of young kids than playing with highly experienced and motivating players like Brown... But this all depends on the cash, I guess!
There are compelling arguments both ways. Personally I’d like to see something like Shilcock @ 10 and Simmons @ 15 for the PRC but that’s me
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:45 pm
Pellsey wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:23 pm There is an argument for keeping Brown intentionally for the PRC games... there is nothing like aiding the development of young kids than playing with highly experienced and motivating players like Brown... But this all depends on the cash, I guess!
There are compelling arguments both ways. Personally I’d like to see something like Shilcock @ 10 and Simmons @ 15 for the PRC but that’s me
I certainly would also be happy with that. Shillcock is excellent and Simmons needs more gametime. I just put the argument out there why it would also not be bad for Brown to stay for the PRC.
Last edited by Pellsey on Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:22 am
Soggypitch wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:13 am As someone else said, it's a good job Mike Brown is so robust and versatile!!
I said and still do extend his contract till the end of January. Unless you are intending to play him in the PRC games, he will have nothing to do until the end of March by which time most if not all of the injuries will have cleared.
The only new factor to take into account is any cap that may have been freed up by Atkinson moving on
No names, no pack drill :smt044 never let it be said you're paranoid!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

fentiger wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:18 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:22 am

No names, no pack drill :smt044 never let it be said you're paranoid!
They don’t call me septic peg for nothing
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ok so with Kata off injured what are our centre options.

For me I'd be very tempted given how well Shillcock has been playing to see if Pollard can go to 12.

The other alternative is probably

Kelly Cokanasiga
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:22 pm Ok so with Kata off injured what are our centre options.

For me I'd be very tempted given how well Shillcock has been playing to see if Pollard can go to 12.

Kelly Cokanasiga
I'd try Shillcock at 12 before moving our world cup winning marquee player flyhalf out of position.

Cokanasiga or Cusick could come in at 12. Sarries next would be a bit of a acid test for any young centre though.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:22 pm Ok so with Kata off injured what are our centre options.

Kelly Cokanasiga
McKellar quoting it was precautionary.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:59 pm

Kelly Cokanasiga
McKellar quoting it was precautionary.
Now that is good news
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

No going to lie, was concerning to see Cole suited in the stands with Tom Harrison and Charlie Clare, rather than as reserve (which I'd expect him to be had he been rested)

Also thought I spotted Vanes with a tracksuit on so hopefully he'll be helping to alleviate the hooker situation soon
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:01 am No going to lie, was concerning to see Cole suited in the stands with Tom Harrison and Charlie Clare, rather than as reserve (which I'd expect him to be had he been rested)

Also thought I spotted Vanes with a tracksuit on so hopefully he'll be helping to alleviate the hooker situation soon
I thought Coley's disguise didn't really work? The eyes gave it away! :smt044 :smt044
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/ClaireHopkins29/sta ... eSPuA&s=19

Also spotted this. It may have been precautionary why he came off but sometimes you take precautions too late...

Really hope we have 2 fit centres next weekend
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

fentiger wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:10 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:01 am No going to lie, was concerning to see Cole suited in the stands with Tom Harrison and Charlie Clare, rather than as reserve (which I'd expect him to be had he been rested)

I thought Coley's disguise didn't really work? The eyes gave it away! :smt044 :smt044
Rested as far as I’m aware. Matching Bobble hat and glasses wasn’t much of a disguise
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:22 am https://twitter.com/ClaireHopkins29/sta ... eSPuA&s=19

Also spotted this. It may have been precautionary why he came off but sometimes you take precautions too late...

Really hope we have 2 fit centres next weekend
It really would be appreciated (by me anyway), if the Club could provide a broad update on all our injured backs.........JVP. Lenny, OHC, Bassett, Watson, Porter, Scott and now Kata. Don't need a detailed medical bulletin, just a rough idea when they may be back fit.
The same goes for Dolly, Vanes and Clare.
We can but hope!
Soggypitch