Other matches - 29-31st December 2023

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Other matches - 29-31st December 2023

Post by LE18 »

Dombrant looks a different player to me today, I've previously thought him lazy and slow but he is certainly putting it in today, Quins all over Gloucs.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:23 pm Dombrant looks a different player to me today, I've previously thought him lazy and slow but he is certainly putting it in today, Quins all over Gloucs.
He’s not international class. End of.
A2O
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ay2oh wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:26 pm
LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:23 pm Dombrant looks a different player to me today, I've previously thought him lazy and slow but he is certainly putting it in today, Quins all over Gloucs.
He’s not international class. End of.
I didn't say he was, worry is so many are calling for him to be selected he is showing up and possible swaying his case.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

How many forward passes are being waved away this year countless times it’s clearly gone forward and the tmo has said not clear and obvious might as well forget about the ball going forward in the prem these days 😂
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I do wonder if 6 might be his international position keeping Earl at 8, certainly think he’s worth another look.

Quins lost 3 tight forwards to injury
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

amazing tiger wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:41 pm How many forward passes are being waved away this year countless times it’s clearly gone forward and the tmo has said not clear and obvious might as well forget about the ball going forward in the prem these days 😂
Both TMO and ref said you can’t make a decision based on the camera angle. Surely you can if that angle shows the receiver in front and the passers hands going forward
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

amazing tiger wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:41 pm How many forward passes are being waved away this year countless times it’s clearly gone forward and the tmo has said not clear and obvious might as well forget about the ball going forward in the prem these days 😂
clear and obvious to all but the officials, it was forward, but then they don't want to ruin the spectacle......
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

That try and conversion are now basically the difference between the sides
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:45 pm
clear and obvious to all but the officials, it was forward, but then they don't want to ruin the spectacle......
Yeah unfortunately I am starting to wonder how much they are starting to put the spectacle above policing the game
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Indeed, the 'spectacle' is all! :smt017
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Toulouse were on the receiving end of a 8-29 pasting by La Rochelle yesterday evening, which is an ominous sign for Tigers. It must be said, however, that there were several second/third choice players in the Toulouse team, particularly the half-backs where the back-up players to Dupont and Ntamack are not of the standard associated with a club of such standing. Blair Kinghorn joined them recently but has only played fullback.
Semper in excretia
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Marcus Smith was exceptional for Quins again yesterday, that’s 3 player of the match performances including one v Racing away.
Question is will that be enough for Borthwick to change his game plan and build a back line around Smith or is he going to ask him to play a game that is unnatural for him.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:47 am Marcus Smith was exceptional for Quins again yesterday, that’s 3 player of the match performances including one v Racing away.
Question is will that be enough for Borthwick to change his game plan and build a back line around Smith or is he going to ask him to play a game that is unnatural for him.
At home to Gloucester, after coming off firmly second best against Finn Russell. I'm sure it's the question the media will be asking, but until Smith's kicking game is consistently on a par with Farrell's and Ford's in big matches, I don't see him being the right person. Goose steps don't win test matches.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:19 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:47 am Marcus Smith was exceptional for Quins again yesterday, that’s 3 player of the match performances including one v Racing away.
At home to Gloucester, after coming off firmly second best against Finn Russell. I'm sure it's the question the media will be asking, but until Smith's kicking game is consistently on a par with Farrell's and Ford's in big matches, I don't see him being the right person. Goose steps don't win test matches.
Agree to disagree. IMO his overall game has come on a lot since the World Cup. Goose steps might not do it but pace and game awareness do. He is often at his best as second receiver and having Slade alongside him would give that option.
Unsure if you mean overall kicking or at the posts but none of them are much above mid 60% at present.
I haven’t been much of a fan but past month for me his overall game has moved up a level
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Hadn’t realised that Mako was red carded yesterday for shoulder to head tackle. West likely to be their starting loose head next week