Tigers v Exeter (A) - Premiership - Saturday 23rd December 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Exeter (A) - Premiership - Saturday 23rd December 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Post by mol2 »

I suspect his studies may well have limited his time with Tigers and the number of appearances but looks a big prospect.
Shortbloke66

Post by Shortbloke66 »

For what is worth, while Tommy is a big loss, I am really excited about Ilione, awesome against Stade. He’s monster strong, and if he fulfills what looks like his potential, he could end up being world class. I hope I haven’t put the mockers on him. Sorry🤞
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I’m glad Ilione is playing because Tommy can play 80 minutes and at a high standard. Tomorrow we will see what Ilione is really like especially against an Exeter side that are unbeaten at home for a very long time.
One thing is for sure we will need to show better discipline against Slade who has been brilliant kicking for touch and kicking from the tee.
Hanro needs a rest but I think tomorrow we will see how much he adds to the team!
We really need the backs to click too.
Any result possible.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I looked at Exeter front row and thought they are beatable, thats where I think the game will be won.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Whitcombe is a strong scrummager and I’m pleased to see him get a start ahead FVW for once in the absence of Cronin. With Big George and Wellsy in the boiler room and adding Chez into tonback row I think we should have bit of ummph in that pack … we’ll see in the first couple of scrums if we’ve got and edge over them .
.. I think this is go to be a very tight game and Scrum penalties either way could make all tbe difference
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Too close to call, but we were close last year down there and probably should have won, so hopefully they will go with some confidence.
This would be a great win and really show we're up there with the best.
Iif the boys up front do there bit, that back line looks great and should have tried in it.

COYT!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:30 pm I looked at Exeter front row and thought they are beatable, thats where I think the game will be won.
That front row has been besting most sides it meets this season. Sio a multi capped Australian, Yeandle really experienced, Painter a big lump with England aspirations
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

It's ironic that Wells was telling BBC Radio Leicester in the week how we like our locks traditional - none of this hybrid-six stuff - and then a few days later O.Chessum is selected in the back row!
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

mightymouse wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:09 am Whitcombe is a strong scrummager and I’m pleased to see him get a start ahead FVW for once in the absence of Cronin. With Big George and Wellsy in the boiler room and adding Chez into tonback row I think we should have bit of ummph in that pack … we’ll see in the first couple of scrums if we’ve got and edge over them .
.. I think this is go to be a very tight game and Scrum penalties either way could make all tbe difference
Foley is Sir wiith Rose as TMO.

I hope we keep our discipline, and ideally it does not come down to a 50:50 penalty, but we win because we deserve to (ie overpower them in the scrum,.like Tigers of old!!)
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:34 am It's ironic that Wells was telling BBC Radio Leicester in the week how we like our locks traditional - none of this hybrid-six stuff - and then a few days later O.Chessum is selected in the back row!
Very good point. That said - and I am not sure I can quantify it - of the three Chessum seems a more natural replacement for Hanro than either Wells or Martin.
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

Somebody please remind me...Virgin Media TV...TNT 1....red button to TNT 5....can you record off a red button, because otherwise I,m stuffed?
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:30 am
LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:30 pm I looked at Exeter front row and thought they are beatable, thats where I think the game will be won.
That front row has been besting most sides it meets this season. Sio a multi capped Australian, Yeandle really experienced, Painter a big lump with England aspirations
Well, we have a highly experienced English prop, world-class IMHO (if not just in the past), the best hooker in the world, and a very good and up-and-coming English prop (you could say with future England aspirations), as well as some massive lumps (Martin, Wells, and Chessum) behind them. Sio is Australian-level (they often get beaten in the scrum) and the other two have not even played for their country. On paper at least, we should have them well and truly beaten. The game is on grass though, or at least Desso (hybrid.)
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Cronin has no proven to be good business he is seldom fit and when he does play he goes down more often than not
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Bobmac »

parvacat wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:40 am Somebody please remind me...Virgin Media TV...TNT 1....red button to TNT 5....can you record off a red button, because otherwise I,m stuffed?
All correct and no you cant record off red button.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Bobmac wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:31 am
parvacat wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:40 am Somebody please remind me...Virgin Media TV...TNT 1....red button to TNT 5....can you record off a red button, because otherwise I,m stuffed?
All correct and no you cant record off red button.
Well I must say that I can and indeed do so
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity