Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Exeter (A) - Premiership - Saturday 23rd December 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Rugbygramps »

markharbtiger wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:14 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:08 pm Very strong Exeter side. Too close to call could go either way 5 - 7 points
Think our bench looks the stronger TBH
Couple of inexperienced outside backs, the rest have been starting/playing regularly
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/wiffen_john/status/ ... VO5LQ&s=19

Whilst Reffell is the big name addition to the injury list, the fact Vanes is on there too is a concern... Seb Smith likely our travelling reserve
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:27 pm https://twitter.com/wiffen_john/status/ ... VO5LQ&s=19

Whilst Reffell is the big name addition to the injury list, the fact Vanes is on there too is a concern... Seb Smith likely our travelling reserve
Oh no - had not noticed. Three hookers crocked!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Don’t think Vanes was mentioned by Mckellar as being injured. Last week was a big step up for him could just be rotation with FTT

Edit : just seen John Wiffen X tweet saying Vanes on the injury list
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Well, fingers crossed it's only minor with Clare and Vanes...imagine Dolly will be longer given reports elsewhere on this forum
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Quite happy with the selected side given the injury list. Let's hope that we get some back for the new year games as we are running short at hooker. In DMWT!!!!!
Hehehehehehehehe
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Always feel much more confident when Tommy Turnover is in the side. Incredible player.

That said, I'm excited to see what Emeka Ilione can do. Looks a real talent.

Otherwise, a strong looking line-up
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Three hookers crocked and a parsnip in a pear tree!
I know I know, but wanting to preserve wildlife! 😝
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Postiger2 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:51 pm Always feel much more confident when Tommy Turnover is in the side. Incredible player.

That said, I'm excited to see what Emeka Ilione can do. Looks a real talent.

Otherwise, a strong looking line-up
Although Reffell is certainly a loss, Illione is a very good (young) player, so I'm personally not too concerned. He will also benefit from the experience.

OHC still being away gives Watson some much needed gametime.

Vanes also being injured outs some more pressure on Montoya, probably having to play more minutes than otherwise needed. It is a shame for Vanes because he was excellent last week.

Good to see Cracknell back too...
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Top side from the Tigers, a couple of Exeter faces I am unfamiliar with, they are at home playiing well, but fancy we can turn them over.

COME ON YOU TIGERRrrrrssssssssssss
:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Not sure about Illione, yet, great opportunity for him.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Ilione is exactly the sort of player who I can see getting starts due to this sort of injury list and suddenly forcing his way into first choice 23s. In his brief opportunities he keeps making positive and significant interventions. He's clearly got no issue dealing with the increase in physicality. His ability to attack rucks is so impressive for someone his age. Both choosing when to target them and the athleticism involved in getting on the ball so quickly and not getting cleared out.

As long as he stays fit to keep getting game time I think he's going to be an outstanding player.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

ABClub wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:09 pm Ilione is exactly the sort of player who I can see getting starts due to this sort of injury list and suddenly forcing his way into first choice 23s. In his brief opportunities he keeps making positive and significant interventions. He's clearly got no issue dealing with the increase in physicality. His ability to attack rucks is so impressive for someone his age. Both choosing when to target them and the athleticism involved in getting on the ball so quickly and not getting cleared out.

As long as he stays fit to keep getting game time I think he's going to be an outstanding player.
Completely agree. Well put!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ABClub wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:09 pm Ilione is exactly the sort of player who I can see getting starts due to this sort of injury list and suddenly forcing his way into first choice 23s. In his brief opportunities he keeps making positive and significant interventions. He's clearly got no issue dealing with the increase in physicality. His ability to attack rucks is so impressive for someone his age. Both choosing when to target them and the athleticism involved in getting on the ball so quickly and not getting cleared out.

I’m going to throw this out there but with game time I think he could be a better all round player than Reffell
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:19 pm

I’m going to throw this out there but with game time I think he could be a better all round player than Reffell
Quite possible, I think he starts from a higher level. His performances at U20 for England for instance!