Matt Hampson Calendar 2024

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Matt Hampson Calendar 2024

Post by WirralExile »

I have bought at least one Matt Hampson calendar every year since they were launched. This year I don't seem to able to find them anywhere. I've emailed the club shop and also tried contacting the Matt Hampson Foundation but not heard anything back yet.
My partner will be disappointed not to have a calendar in her Christmas stocking this year.
Has anyone else had any luck in finding them this year?
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Matt Hampson Calendar 2024

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

They're not doing them.

Last year they struggled to get it all organised and it was all done very late and this year they have taken the decision not to do them. I understand that the feeling was it would only be a matter of time before the fun police put a stop to it.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:20 pm They're not doing them
That's disappointing. I'm sure they sold many of them each year, which can only be good for the Foundation's funds.

I'm not sure how I'm going to balance my Foxy Riders calendar (air ambulance charity) in my study without my partner having a Matt Hampson calendar now.
Wirral Exile
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:20 pm They're not doing them.

Last year they struggled to get it all organised and it was all done very late and this year they have taken the decision not to do them. I understand that the feeling was it would only be a matter of time before the fun police put a stop to it.
And there's me hoping they'd put out a joint mens/ladies one. :smt010
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
PeteK
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PeteK »

WirralExile wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:24 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:20 pm They're not doing them
That's disappointing. I'm sure they sold many of them each year, which can only be good for the Foundation's funds.

I'm not sure how I'm going to balance my Foxy Riders calendar (air ambulance charity) in my study without my partner having a Matt Hampson calendar now.
Get the Foxy one in B+W and colour.. there balanced.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Get the Foxy one in B+W and colour.. there balanced.
[/quote]

Hmm. I'm not sure my partner would appreciate that. She's suggested just showing the picture from her Matt Hampson calendar from January 2023 all year long and cutting the dates off!
Wirral Exile
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

As regards the 2024 Matt Hampson calendar, I have heard that the players didn't support it this year. Also heard that the club is not as supportive of the Matt Hampson Foundation generally as it used to be. I find this disappointing. Matt was a Tiger when he was injured training with England and I know that Cockers used to view him as always being a Tiger. Matt and the Foundation do some fantastic work supporting those who have suffered an injury through sport and the players and the club have always supported up until recently.
Wirral Exile
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

It's not just a case of this year - it's been extremely difficult for the last few years to get the players and it's all been done very last minute. Also, with the changing landscape of what is/isn't deemed acceptable in current society it was decided to not pursue it again this year. Similarly, the ladies nights that were knocked on the head due to COVID were also not supported by the players and have not gone back on the agenda.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:10 pm It's not just a case of this year - it's been extremely difficult for the last few years to get the players and it's all been done very last minute. Also, with the changing landscape of what is/isn't deemed acceptable in current society it was decided to not pursue it again this year. Similarly, the ladies nights that were knocked on the head due to COVID were also not supported by the players and have not gone back on the agenda.
I for one have tried in vain this year to find a good Rugby related calendar to send to my New Zealand friends and family but I too would have purchased as before a Matt calendar, even Rugby School did not produce a calendar but advised me that these are "old fashioned" and that people use their I phones for such matters. I really hope the calendar will be produced next year, we need a dynamic organiser to start in September when the days are warm for photos to produce the goods.. I wonder if Chris Rose's departure might let the calendar rise from the ashes? In a positive way.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I don't believe that the players are pulling away from the Foundation, they may be uncomfortable doing a calendar, yes. There are however more personal links with the foundation at this point with all Taylor Gough went through. The likes of Martin, Steward, Van Poortvliet etc all good mates with Taylor
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:06 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:10 pm It's not just a case of this year - it's been extremely difficult for the last few years to get the players and it's all been done very last minute. Also, with the changing landscape of what is/isn't deemed acceptable in current society it was decided to not pursue it again this year. Similarly, the ladies nights that were knocked on the head due to COVID were also not supported by the players and have not gone back on the agenda.
I for one have tried in vain this year to find a good Rugby related calendar to send to my New Zealand friends and family but I too would have purchased as before a Matt calendar, even Rugby School did not produce a calendar but advised me that these are "old fashioned" and that people use their I phones for such matters. I really hope the calendar will be produced next year, we need a dynamic organiser to start in September when the days are warm for photos to produce the goods.. I wonder if Chris Rose's departure might let the calendar rise from the ashes? In a positive way.
As I understand it, you should not hold your breath as it's not something that they are looking to continue.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The Matt Hampson Trust is quite a well established organisation (see below)
https://matthampsonfoundation.org/who-w ... ur-people/
They have a lot of people in the organisation who are working to support the operations.....Geordan Murphy, Louis Deacon, Gary Sherrard, Clive Galloway, Charlie Thacker, Dan Hipkiss (just a few names)
A shop has been established with items available to raise funds........suggest that the Matt Hampson Trust is approached for a calendar.
If the demand for the calendar in recent years has not been at a high enough level, it cannot warrant the time, effort and expenses going forward unfortunately.
I am sure that Tigers ae continuing to support the MHT in other ways.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:44 am The Matt Hampson Trust is quite a well established organisation (see below)
They have a lot of people in the organisation who are working to support the operations.....Geordan Murphy, Louis Deacon, Gary Sherrard, Clive Galloway, Charlie Thacker, Dan Hipkiss (just a few names)
A shop has been established with items available to raise funds........suggest that the Matt Hampson Trust is approached for a calendar.
If the demand for the calendar in recent years has not been at a high enough level, it cannot warrant the time, effort and expenses going forward unfortunately.
I sooke with my friend who works within the organisation last night and he said originally they had c2k calendars printed and they sold out. The 2023 calendar they had 750 printed and still had a significant portion of those remaining unsold.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:01 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:44 am The Matt Hampson Trust is quite a well established organisation (see below)
I sooke with my friend who works within the organisation last night and he said originally they had c2k calendars printed and they sold out. The 2023 calendar they had 750 printed and still had a significant portion of those remaining unsold.
Thanks for that. Makes sense to discontinue the production of the calendar if the sales didn't justify it.
It did seem harder to get hold of one in the latter years compared to when they were first produced. There used to be a pop-up stall on the plaza and in the Final Whistle from mid November onwards, but more recently they were absent, which may have influenced sales figures. But I guess the social landscape has changed too and what was once acceptable is no longer.
Wirral Exile
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

WirralExile wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:40 pm As regards the 2024 Matt Hampson calendar, I have heard that the players didn't support it this year. Also heard that the club is not as supportive of the Matt Hampson Foundation generally as it used to be. I find this disappointing. Matt was a Tiger when he was injured training with England and I know that Cockers used to view him as always being a Tiger. Matt and the Foundation do some fantastic work supporting those who have suffered an injury through sport and the players and the club have always supported up until recently.
The "club" do not appear to want us ordinary members to remember our history, its all about money now, look at the missing memorabilia in Droglites and Crumbie bars, cut backs here and everywhere, no Rock Bottom, its just turn up on the Plaza, blow your money on prematch beer and get off home straight after so they can save money. Stewards everywhere ushering you out as quick as possible.