Tigers v Stade Francais (A) - Champions Cup - Sunday 17th December 2023 - KO:5-30pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Stade Francais (A) - Champions Cup - Sunday 17th December 2023 - KO:5-30pm

Post by Ian Cant »

Superb win: how Hanro keeps going for 80 minutes( and more!) is incredible.
Wells again showing why he is our best lock! Martin and the whole pack fantastic and Ilione: the Doctor could be a really special player.
Well done the whole Tigers’ squad and coaches.
Louis

Re: Tigers v Stade Francais (A) - Champions Cup - Sunday 17th December 2023 - KO:5-30pm

Post by Louis »

I was cooking and watching the match.

I nearly chopped my fingers off four times in the last minute alone.

Well done Tigers!
Louis

Post by Louis »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:02 pmRemy time!
I've gone with calvados.

Very large. My favourite type.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Just got home and seen the result! Wins for Tigers and Toulouse means I’ll sleep well tonight 😊
Semper in excretia
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Loved how much it meant to them at the end. A great win.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Over the years we worried over the re-signing of Manu many times, after all that along comes Kata, how refreshing! The bloke goes looking for work all the time bends his back on the maul, good value I reckon :smt023
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

fentiger wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:38 pm Over the years we worried over the re-signing of Manu many times, after all that along comes Kata, how refreshing! The bloke goes looking for work all the time bends his back on the maul, good value I reckon :smt023
Agreed he is an excellent signing
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Another? Oh if I must....it was against the French!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Side note: how much better to have Nick Heath commentating, actually telling Barclay to be quiet so we could hear the ref!
So many of the other commentators now seem to have their own agendas, Mullins in particular has, IMO, gone right down hill, regularly making gaffs!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I know we conceded three tries, but, our line speed and defence in general (from the bits I saw) was phenomenal.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

fentiger wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:54 pm Side note: how much better to have Nick Heath commentating, actually telling Barclay to be quiet so we could hear the ref!
So many of the other commentators now seem to have their own agendas, Mullins in particular has, IMO, gone right down hill, regularly making gaffs!
Each to their own. Heath was very good but kept getting Martin, Rogerson, and Hatherall confused. Probably the head gear.
Mullins still sets the standard for me
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:05 pm I know we conceded three tries, but, our line speed and defence in general (from the bits I saw) was phenomenal.
Was thinking the same thing switched off for a couple, and the try scored by their 15 had a certain amount of fortune though well taken. Saw someone criticise Watson for that one, he was correctly covering the 2 men outside, it was the inside coverage that was missing.

A few individual mentions
Vanes- looks to the manor born and even with Dolly injury feel with have 3 quality hookers.
All 4 props put in a real shift. A lot of the Stade scrummage was questionable at best, but they kept at it. Feel sorry for Cronin always picks up a knock, hopefully not out for long.
Carter and Rogerson both had their best games for the club.
Martin showed what we have been missing, understandably blowing but will come back stronger.
Wells amazing cameo world class maul defence.
Ilione 1 fantastic jackal and never looks out of place. Hatherall steady good physical presence.

All the backs were less involved and the late change can’t have helped. All put their heart and soul into it, Kata looks dangerous and Kelly finding some form.

Excellent win against the odds and keeps the run going. Need to find some points against La Rochelle and Leinster but there is real belief in the squad.
Finally well done Dan Mckellar and the coaching team
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:06 pm
fentiger wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:54 pm Side note: how much better to have Nick Heath commentating, actually telling Barclay to be quiet so we could hear the ref!
Each to their own. Heath was very good but kept getting Martin, Rogerson, and Hatherall confused. Probably the head gear.
Think he also refers to Vanes as "Alfie" not "Archie" in this clip (just after the minute)
https://twitter.com/TightFive_Rugby/sta ... bBfWw&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:21 pm
Think he also refers to Vanes as "Alfie" not "Archie" in this clip (just after the minute)
I did hear that but thought it was me mishearing as I was listening on my phone on quite a low volume
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:24 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:21 pm

I did hear that but thought it was me mishearing as I was listening on my phone on quite a low volume
Personally I wish they'd all shut up and just give me the game + the ref mic.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"