Tigers v Stade Francais (A) - Champions Cup - Sunday 17th December 2023 - KO:5-30pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Stade Francais (A) - Champions Cup - Sunday 17th December 2023 - KO:5-30pm

Post by LE18 »

ourla wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:08 pm I am of a mind that you try your best in both competitions until one or other becomes clearly a better bet.

That is to say injuries, good/bad at the office, luck, decisions, what other teams do, can all impact games/results.

So for me you hedge your bets until later in the season when perhaps we have to play away at Leinster/La Rochelle the week before a Prem game that could clinch is a top 2 finish. Then I am thinking lets target the latter.

Some rotation yes but if we could sneak a win on Saturday who knows where it will take us.

And especially at the moment we are a developing team and a bit of an unknown quantity.
I agree with this, rotate for the injured players only, but dont rotate for the sake of it yet, the season is young and there are not so many games this year.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Stade Francais (A) - Champions Cup - Sunday 17th December 2023 - KO:5-30pm

Post by ay2oh »

sapajo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:44 pm I have heard rumors that Dolly has a disc issue in his neck.
Similar but heard it was a nerve in his neck
A2O
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:30 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:44 pm I have heard rumors that Dolly has a disc issue in his neck.
Oh that is terrible news.If true, let’s hope that he can recover
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Also worth mentioning that Youngs, Pollard and Wiese, had he not had a HIA, played less rugby at the World Cup than had they stayed at Tigers.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

markharbtiger wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:33 pm
ay2oh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:30 pm
Oh that is terrible news.If true, let’s hope that he can recover
If true and depending on Claire’s injury we may need to dip into the medical joker market. Both Vanes and FTT are excellent players but inexperienced
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Club have confirmed this will be the first outing for the men in the black kit!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:34 pm Also worth mentioning that Youngs, Pollard and Wiese, had he not had a HIA, played less rugby at the World Cup than had they stayed at Tigers.
All three will have several weeks off over the 6N period as well.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

In the French rugby bi-weekly Midi Olympique they say that our n°9 will be Zabalza, Kockott and Brad Weber being spared for top 14 duties. :smt009
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Re Dolly
prolapsed discs in the neck press onto the nerves and pain comes all tbe way down shoulder neck and wrist .. very painful
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

mightymouse wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:17 am Re Dolly
prolapsed discs in the neck press onto the nerves and pain comes all tbe way down shoulder neck and wrist .. very painful
Coley had a bad neck injury some years ago, there were rumours at the time of it being career ending! Look how that turned out, 🤞 for Dolly it has as positive an outcome :smt023
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Oi everyone,
Although not being a Tigers’ fan, I dare to take part in the ongoing debate about the strategy to be adopted in front of the much-vaunted Stade Français’ pink flamingos.
Well, in my own unbiased opinion there is no debate at all. Gallagher Premiership is a top priority to be preferred at all costs to any other competition, post season gala or visit to your blue-haired granny.
Who to send to France, then? Gardener. You do have a gardener at Welford Road, don’t you? He can play number ten and, as Paris play on artificial turf he can wade emptily on the pitch, gazing at the stands to check for good looking ladettes.
Brass band. You don’t have one, but you can call on some dole-stricken mine pit in Wales to send you one. Meet at Paddington, on to the Eurostar and there you go, the man with the trumpet can’t play prop but he can do a appropriate jingle whenever Stade scores a try.
Piper. No need to import one from Scotland as you have plenty of those kilt-wearing lay-abouts busking in London, who’d be too happy to blow the bag at Stade Jean Bouin for a tuna sandwich and a pint. Of course, a piper can’t play back-row but he can play a nostalgic tune for each of Stade Français’ penalty.
There. We’re all set for European glory, good luck mighty Tigers and I am chuffed to have helped you make up your minds in those difficult times.
:smt003
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Dear ZSF, if we didn't know you better we would act on your advice and send our gardener who would be able to help you grow your onions bigger and better. Your trumpeter may need to go and practice his double and triple-tonguing as dog dooo collectors won't be scoring too many tries against our buskers. And sorry to correct you we do have a brass band and I play in one from Gretton (hence the tonguing technical advice) Wish I was coming but she who must be obeyed has said one away trip is possible so we are going to the La Rochelle game where it may be a little warmer - lol
Hehehehehehehehe
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:09 am Dear ZSF, if we didn't know you better we would act on your advice and send our gardener who would be able to help you grow your onions bigger and better. Your trumpeter may need to go and practice his double and triple-tonguing as dog dooo collectors won't be scoring too many tries against our buskers. And sorry to correct you we do have a brass band and I play in one from Gretton (hence the tonguing technical advice) Wish I was coming but she who must be obeyed has said one away trip is possible so we are going to the La Rochelle game where it may be a little warmer - lol
That's it! Cogito ergo sum, I always loved an earnest debate of ideas! :smt003
La Rochelle is grand when you can get a ticket, be sure to have some sea-food at Les Vieux Crampons (booking compulsory) where Jean-Pierre Elissalde is at the helm. You can go for a post match pint in town at the Mac Nulty's a small but cheerful Irish bar. Allez le Stade ! Allez Paris ! :smt002
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Ze Stade Fan wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:14 am
trendylfj wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:09 am Dear ZSF, if we didn't know you better we would act on your advice and send our gardener who would be able to help you grow your onions bigger and better. Your trumpeter may need to go and practice his double and triple-tonguing as dog dooo collectors won't be scoring too many tries against our buskers. And sorry to correct you we do have a brass band and I play in one from Gretton (hence the tonguing technical advice) Wish I was coming but she who must be obeyed has said one away trip is possible so we are going to the La Rochelle game where it may be a little warmer - lol
That's it! Cogito ergo sum, I always loved an earnest debate of ideas! :smt003
La Rochelle is grand when you can get a ticket, be sure to have some sea-food at Les Vieux Crampons (booking compulsory) where Jean-Pierre Elissalde is at the helm. You can go for a post match pint in town at the Mac Nulty's a small but cheerful Irish bar. Allez le Stade ! Allez Paris ! :smt002
Thanks Mate - hoping for a great match on both visits to your lovely country
Hehehehehehehehe
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

OOops, I forgot!

Moderators, are pub announcements welcome on the board? Feel free to erase in case of infringement.

The Pub (that's the name of the venue, The Pub. You may think the owner lacks imagination, but as long as they have beer and spirits, who cares?) 4 rue Caron, 75004 Paris, métro Saint Paul, three quarters of an hour to the stadium. It used to be a cool Scottish bar called the Pure Malt, with maestro Colin "Shep" Shepherd at the pumps. Now it is a full fledged ENGLISH bar, with Ella (Franco-Australian) Pierre (A French-English mestizo) and Ben (lives in Twickenham, can't be more English). Well I don't live in this area any more (rents...) but this is still my local. French artisan beers, Guinness, a wonderful wine list, snacks and two telly screens. No I don't get any compensation from them. See you Sunday after church. :smt002