Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by RagingBull »

I so wanted RG snyman at Tigers when he went to Munster but oh boy was I wrong like 268 minutes total since he moved for Munster.

For 450K it's a crazy risk for a player who has that track record the past 4 years
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Former Wasps and Worcester fly half, Billy Searle, had signed for Toulouse as a World Cup joker (injury to Romain Ntamack) but wasn't retained, so he's joined Biarritz in ProD2.
Semper in excretia
PeteK
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PeteK »

So whisper is Synman and Arundall going to Bath next season... so thats the cap increase all used for them then.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

PeteK wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:58 am So whisper is Synman and Arundall going to Bath next season... so thats the cap increase all used for them then.
Arundell going from playing his home games on a carpet to a bog.
If this is true they must be un loading some players
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Salary cap goes back up next season so not necessarily .
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

It does, my thoughts were along the lines of, they picked up Lawrence and other Warriors players at reduced cost, when does that increase, they also have a back line full of young stars that are going to be wanting their market value
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:48 am
PeteK wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:58 am So whisper is Synman and Arundall going to Bath next season... so thats the cap increase all used for them then.
I thought Bath have put in an artificial pitch similar to ours? I don't remember it cutting up much against us.

Bath have had some world cup squad cover in the squad that's likely to be moved off. They've also seen Watson and Joseph come off the cap in recent years and could quite easily cut some of the squad players they have to make more space.

With the cap increasing there will be some more space for additional players as well. With the reduction in teams salary inflation is likely to be limited.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Bill Mata to Bristol?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:25 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:48 am
I thought Bath have put in an artificial pitch similar to ours? I don't remember it cutting up much against us.

Bath have had some world cup squad cover in the squad that's likely to be moved off. They've also seen Watson and Joseph come off the cap in recent years and could quite easily cut some of the squad players they have to make more space.

With the cap increasing there will be some more space for additional players as well. With the reduction in teams salary inflation is likely to be limited.
It is a different surface but still cuts up badly if today is anything to go by. Might be to be with the high water table
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:43 am Bill Mata to Bristol?
Odd given that they have two number 8s already (Bradbury and Harding). Might indicate that Bradbury is off?
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Carl Fearns has announced his retirement
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Arundell signs new contract at Racing, meaning he'll be unavailable for England until at least 2026.

Special talent who will be sorely missed, or youngster who believed the hype and doesn't think he needs to work as hard as others?
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:44 am Arundell signs new contract at Racing, meaning he'll be unavailable for England until at least 2026.

Special talent who will be sorely missed, or youngster who believed the hype and doesn't think he needs to work as hard as others?
I wouldn't say he believes he does not need to work hard. I'm sure he will have to in France. I would guess he just chose the quality of life / higher salary over playing for his country.
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

Perhaps it came down to the ratio of passes received to kicks chased.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:44 am Arundell signs new contract at Racing, meaning he'll be unavailable for England until at least 2026.

Scored 5 tries against a 2nd tier nation 4 of which were run ins, and he’s the new messiah. Undoubtedly quick and strong but rugby history books are full of those