Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... Oaqlw&s=19

Don't think there had been an official announcement re. captaincy this year, but Hanro confirms it'll be Montoya.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Had thought the same. Hanro has been playing well, 6 tries this season but Montoya is just one of those natural captains players will follow anywhere.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I's assumed so, no need to make an announcement unless there is a change you'd thing
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Liebenberg is basically this squads Craig Newby. A flanker who’s almost test standard but outside their national team and stand-in captain.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:57 pm Liebenberg is basically this squads Craig Newby. A flanker who’s almost test standard but outside their national team and stand-in captain.
...and I'll wager he'd make a decent centre too :smt023
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:23 pm https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... Oaqlw&s=19

Don't think there had been an official announcement re. captaincy this year, but Hanro confirms it'll be Montoya.
Interesting he credits McKellar with helping create the culture to make it easier for him to lead as captain and perform on the pitch. Fingers crossed it is a sign of McKellar building a platform for future success.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:24 pm Interesting he credits McKellar with helping create the culture to make it easier for him to lead as captain and perform on the pitch. Fingers crossed it is a sign of McKellar building a platform for future success.
I get the impression he's happier now with the responsibility, it doesn't appear to have impacted his game this season as it probably did before!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Also, Hanro knowing its temporary will help him.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We've had some superb overseas players in the past, this crop are as good as any we have had when it comes to wearing the shirt with pride.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Has anyone heard any more on the proverbial grapevine on what's occurring with Alan Dickens? He's not been at the last two games, from what I've seen anyway, and it has been rumoured he's on a leave of absence.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:52 pm Has anyone heard any more on the proverbial grapevine on what's occurring with Alan Dickens? He's not been at the last two games, from what I've seen anyway, and it has been rumoured he's on a leave of absence.
Other than some whisperings we're looking for a new attack coach no.

Whether that is because we are unhappy with him/someone fell out with him and thus we've put him on a leave of absence.

Or

Because some personal circumstances mean he's on a leave of absence that means he may not be returning so we are looking at replacing him I'm not sure.

Or it could be that neither rumour has merit in them.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:20 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:52 pm Has anyone heard any more on the proverbial grapevine on what's occurring with Alan Dickens? He's not been at the last two games, from what I've seen anyway, and it has been rumoured he's on a leave of absence.

Whether that is because we are unhappy with him/someone fell out with him and thus we've put him on a leave of absence.

Or

Because some personal circumstances mean he's on a leave of absence that means he may not be returning so we are looking at replacing him I'm not sure.

Thanks Steve. Just seems strange that there's not been any mention of it anywhere in the press, bar the original article in TRP
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:32 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:20 pm

Or

Thanks Steve. Just seems strange that there's not been any mention of it anywhere in the press, bar the original article in TRP
Yeah it is suspiciously quiet, which to me suggests it may be personal rather than professional the reason we're not seeing him, which means we as fans can only wish him and his family well and hope that we have an attack coach either him or another as soon as possible.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Latest edition of Tigers eyes Matt Smith shown as skills coach, maybe he has stepped up.
Missed the chance not trying for Walder imo
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:19 am Latest edition of Tigers eyes Matt Smith shown as skills coach, maybe he has stepped up.
Missed the chance not trying for Walder imo
I think Matt was promoted as part of the McKellar reshuffle: https://www.leicestertigers.com/player/matt-smith