Tigers v Saracens (A) - Premiership - Saturday 4th November - KO:15-05

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saracens (A) - Premiership - Saturday 4th November - KO:15-05

Post by fentiger »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:45 pm I quite enjoyed the match althoughTigers' line out this afternoon was unusually poor, but the moment that made me grin like a Cheshire cat was when Shillcock handed off Farrell and scored!
Altogether, it was quite a gutsy performance against a star-studded side.
Now don't you go coming round here with all that perspective, it just won't do! :smt044 :smt044
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

fentiger wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:48 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:45 pm I quite enjoyed the match althoughTigers' line out this afternoon was unusually poor, but the moment that made me grin like a Cheshire cat was when Shillcock handed off Farrell and scored!
Altogether, it was quite a gutsy performance against a star-studded side.
Now don't you go coming round here with all that perspective, it just won't do! :smt044 :smt044
:smt003
Semper in excretia
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

First of all well done to both sets of fans as the atmosphere was pretty good.
I stood at the game and thought our line out let us down and was puzzled when we turned down a few possible 3 pointers to kick to the corner despite our line out being poor! Shilcock, Brown, Hassel Collins, Cronin and Reffel were to me the standout performers.
I never felt Sarries got out of 2nd gear and our kick chase was poor: Sarries actually kicked the ball to touch and I’d like us to do this more: kick like we did today against Quins and Saints and we will suffer again.
Couldn’t fault the effort but Sarries are miles ahead of us in speed of thought, variety of attack and their internationals all performed superbly.
Next two games are massive! Our injury problems are a concern as by the end of today’s game we seem to have added to it!
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I am strangely not too unhappy with where we are. With better handling, key line-outs won and less bizarre tmo decisions that would have been very close.... plus Kata looked good and shillcock continues to impress. Only problem is the lack of games to go.....
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:16 pm Kata looks good.

I personally i'm glad we didn't play the England internationals yet. Other games I would rather play them in.

Next week I would have
1. Cronin, 2. Dolly, 3. Cole
4. Martin/Chessum, 5. Henderson
6. Hanro, 7. Reffell, 8. Rogerson
9. Youngs, 10. Shillcock
12. Kelly, 13. Kata
11. OHC, 14. Bassett, 15. Steward

16. Montoya, 17. Whitcombe, 18. Hurd
19. Martin/Chessum, 20. Ilione/Cracknell
21. Whiteley, 22. Atkinson, 23. Porter
No Wiese?
A2O
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I wasn't able to watch the game today, but the scoreline is better than I was expecting after seeing the lineups.

I was expecting us to get stuffed by Bath as well so, all things considered, I think we're doing pretty well so far.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Are we not expecting our South Africans World Cup winners back? .. I sincerely hope we are!!
Weisse may need to come off the bench as he has hardly played and is probably very rusty .. but Pollard I expect to start .. otherwise.. why spend that money.. we cannot afford to lose any more matches .. definitely not at home
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I too thought we did better against Sarries than I expected given the gulf on team selection.
The annoying thing was in actuality we could, in the end of done much better had we either executed the lineout better or taken the goal kicks.
Shillcock looks a great signing as a bench 10/15 and cover during Internationals.
Will Hurd as our 3rd choice tight head .. and shoved it at last minute stood up very well bar one scrum just after Cronin had been bizarrely subbed early
Wells had a good game off the bench .. made a difference.
Kata looked very handy when he came on and gave us some much needed go forward.
YoWaGoWan
Tiger Cub

Post by YoWaGoWan »

fentiger wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:13 pm
TiltonTiger wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:07 pm Somebody call a fire engine for the StoneX. The pundits are blowing so much smoke up Sarries’ :censored:.
Really grates my goose all that fawning over the London clubs, did you hear Monye all over Quins again? If they were at least dispassionate we could put up with him and Dayglo!
I think the whole squad put in a decent shift, and that it bodes well for the the rest of the season.
I think the biggest positive for a armchair supporter (which i am now) is that there was no Austin (me me ) Healey :smt015 boringly sucking the live out of the game.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Hurd and Kata both positives.
Hurd could push on well at tighthead and maybe push Heyes in the scrum.

Kata showed go forward in the centres I've wanted to see for a while.
Certainly good positions to have as Heyes and Porter haven't hit their stride yet.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:45 am Hurd and Kata both positives.
Hurd could push on well at tighthead and maybe push Heyes in the scrum.

Kata showed go forward in the centres I've wanted to see for a while.
Certainly good positions to have as Heyes and Porter haven't hit their stride yet.
Will Hurd is a very reliable squad prop and at 24 there could still be more to come from him. He was a quietly efficient bit of business the other year.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TiltonTiger wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:07 pm Somebody call a fire engine for the StoneX. The pundits are blowing so much smoke up Sarries’ :censored:.
Really grates my goose all that fawning over the London clubs, did you hear Monye all over Quins again? If they were at least dispassionate we could put up with him and Dayglo!
The only way to stop that is by beating London Clubs :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Given Scotland’s cupboard is looking a bit bare in the Tighthead department once you look past Fagerson… could they come sniffing after Hurd?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

mightymouse wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:40 pm Given Scotland’s cupboard is looking a bit bare in the Tighthead department once you look past Fagerson… could they come sniffing after Hurd?
No
A2O
Shortbloke66

Post by Shortbloke66 »

sapajo wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:48 pm
The only way to stop that is by beating London Clubs :smt023

Normally only read and don’t post, but thought I share this time. I don’t think I’m the only one on here who gets really wound up by the BT/TNT commentators and pundits. E.g love fest for Finn last week in bath game. Topsey is the only one I can really tolerate much. As a season ticket holder, home games are fine but away games live on TV are painful. Anyway yesterday I watch BT with sound down and listened to BBC radio Leicester. You have to pause/delay the TV about 15 secs to sync, but boy oh boy so much better. Even dayglow talked sense at half time until ‘he’ started talking about a totally unrelated sport in Leicester.
I recommend it. Helps one’s blood pressure.