Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saracens (A) - Premiership - Saturday 4th November - KO:15-05

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:04 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:47 pm For me, we showed clarity, away at the StoneX is one place we can afford to get rests out the way, no issues if we don't win there...
Yes,we could still quite easily get smashed going full bore so it's the right call for me.
Also possibly controversially I'm glad Ilione isn't picked for this one and we brought Crackers in for him.

This isn't the week to throw him in to what could be a heavy defeat.

I'd rather see him in a week or two's time packing down with Wiese and Liebenberg for his appearance off the bench in a game we know we should have parity in.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Different match different week, but there were a few predicting a thumping at Bath, you just never know.
From our potentially strongest 15 we have 2 forwards and 3/4 backs starting against a full strength Sarries team
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Reinforces how important that win last week was. I think we've done the right thing. Gonna take a hell of a shift, but the boys can still do some damage.
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Uh oh...
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Out of interest, I wonder how it impacts players with regards S&C training.

Aled would have had them set up to peak during the knockout stages with England and have little left in the tank after last week.

How do you then re-set that to get yourself in a condition for the grind of weeks of having to be at a consistent level.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Sensible tactics from both camps.

Tigers next two weekends are home against Quins and Saints. I guessing this forum would go into meltdown if we rested key players for either of those, so returners have to take a break this week - and the win at Bath means a loss is bearable.

Sarries have two consecutive away games next up - they don’t want to risk a home defeat against a likely play off rival, but will be happy to send a second string to Newcastle next week and bring the big guns back in the following week to try and take Quins at the Stoop.

Or to put it more simply - they’re not confident that their 2nd string can beat ours 💪
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

GB72 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:44 pm Out of interest, I wonder how it impacts players with regards S&C training.

Aled would have had them set up to peak during the knockout stages with England and have little left in the tank after last week.

How do you then re-set that to get yourself in a condition for the grind of weeks of having to be at a consistent level.
From what I'm led to believe this is why the rest weeks the player needs isn’t a match day. It also supposedly is a 10 day rest off contact training in there (so I doubt England lads will do any contact training till Tuesday, even if they are in on Monday)

I wonder if given they had a seeding for Europe and therefore got an easier draw Sarries are planning on doing it then?

Them being the ONLY team to go absolutely full bore smacks of them panicking about their league position already...
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Am I the only one that thinks it's very bad manners by the Club to still not have the team up on the website at nearly 2pm?

Not everyone is on instagram and facebook!!

In terms of the match, I agree with resting most players, but I think Youngs could have put in a shift, we could use his experience tomorrow.
Soggypitch
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:00 pm Am I the only one that thinks it's very bad manners by the Club to still not have the team up on the website at nearly 2pm?

In terms of the match, I agree with resting most players, but I think Youngs could have put in a shift, we could use his experience tomorrow.
No they’re not but the club app is very easily accessible via the internet

Edit I’ve just logged onto Leicestertigers.com and the team announcement is clearly visible
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:00 pm Am I the only one that thinks it's very bad manners by the Club to still not have the team up on the website at nearly 2pm?

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/team-gp-r4-2324

This link worked for me.

I literally copied and pasted the team off it at about 12.01...
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Well maybe our internet runs a bit slower down south in Market Harborough :smt001

But it has only just appeared on the website here, despite continual refreshing since 12.00. No matter, I get the news on a WhatsApp from my kids anyway, who obviously get it from instagram!

COYT
Soggypitch
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

when you look at the 2 teams not much hope of getting much from this now, hopefully the boys prove me wrong
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Is Storm Ciaren still going to be blowing
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

If we get anything from this game it will be a success, a Farrell Red Card would count.

Who's on the whistle?

As for the team announcement & the website it wasn't obviously on the Home Page for some time...note its timed as 0900hrs...was the same last week, it was far easier when it was "announced" in the Mercury.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:17 pm If we get anything from this game it will be a success, a Farrell Red Card would count.

Who's on the whistle?

As for the team announcement & the website it wasn't obviously on the Home Page for some time...note its timed as 0900hrs...was the same last week, it was far easier when it was "announced" in the Mercury.
😂😂