Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Eddie Jones resigns as Australia coach

Post by Rugbygramps »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:56 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:37 pm With an international team, the weekends are likely to be taken up watching games and in some cases have significant travel.
Very true. Unlike with club coaching you can be at home up North during the week when not in the international window though. No reason he'd have to physically be in London day to day. Unlike when he was at Tigers when I assume he lived locally as opposed to commuting all the way from Leeds every day.
He lives near Oldham. He may have stayed over sometimes, possibly with Aled but to the best of my knowledge he commuted most of the time
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:18 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:56 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:37 pm With an international team, the weekends are likely to be taken up watching games and in some cases have significant travel.
Very true. Unlike with club coaching you can be at home up North during the week when not in the international window though. No reason he'd have to physically be in London day to day. Unlike when he was at Tigers when I assume he lived locally as opposed to commuting all the way from Leeds every day.
He lives near Oldham. He may have stayed over sometimes, possibly with Aled but to the best of my knowledge he commuted most of the time
I'm sure I recall an interview when it was said that he stayed down for three or four nights a week and was back in Oldham for the remainder.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Telegraph saying that McKeller isn't going anywhere and he doesn't have an "escape" clause. Would imagine it has something where he can be brought out still.

But I just don't see
1. McKeller wanting it ATM
2. Aus wanting Mckeller ATM

Got to remember that every high up in the ARU was involved in binning off Rennie early which was why McKeller left in the first place.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Eddie Jones has picked Hooper to play for the BaaBaas
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Interesting comment that the ARU would not want to take a coach out of Super Rugby as they need their top coaches there as well developing talent whereas the RFU had no such qualms with us.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

thebearisstilldeano wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:02 pm Sydney Morning Herald's take,

https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-unio ... 5eg26.html
Laurie Fisher's take and he's a friend of McKellar, was responsible for bringing him into the Brumbies initially and then worked with him as his assistant. Always likely to talk him up.

Andy Friend might be an interesting option for Australia. He'd get them playing a nice style of rugby which would suit them and he's immediately available. Previously coached Australia sevens and was an assistant to Eddie in 2003.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Dan Mckellar talking to BBC Radio Leicester says " Its media speculation, and I cannot control that. I've moved my family here, we are all very happy in the Midlands. 100% I'm staying here, if anything changes I'll let you know"

On Twitter - he is not interested in leading Australia..
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Pretty solid confirmation.
Honestly not seen anything that has actually linked him all just opinion pieces.

ARU is a mess and a rookie coach is not what is needed
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Top man. Now let’s give him the time to get the squad into shape.
It’s been said by many of us: “ World Cup seasons are never great for Tigers and with 3 less teams( 6 games) then there’s not much time to catch up.
Special cheer for Dan McKellar from me and hopefully all the away fans on Saturday.
Retiredseven
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Retiredseven »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:42 pm https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... _W6uQ&s=19

The interview
Great to hear - thanks for the link. Couldn't have been much clearer and starting to sound a bit offended which i liked to hear!