Wasps in the mire - now in administration

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps in the mire - now in administration

Post by trendylfj »

Now even trying to get into the URC in place of a Welsh region - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... s-27993023
Hehehehehehehehe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

More neck than a herd of giraffes!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
eastyorkstiger
Tiger Cub

Post by eastyorkstiger »

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/news ... o-24-teams

with there new 24000 stadium maybe there hoping to be one of the expanded teams :smt046
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

Can’t make their minds up

Kent or Wales obvious really as next door neighbours
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

Perhaps Dayglo and Co were playing Wordle - they had the letters W, A and S but literally in the wrong place? They’ve already had at least five goes guessing the (ideal?!) location ie Hampstead, Sudbury, QPR, High Wycombe, Coventry so about to lose the game?
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Not a jock wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:31 am Perhaps Dayglo and Co were playing Wordle - they had the letters W, A and S but literally in the wrong place? They’ve already had at least five goes guessing the (ideal?!) location ie Hampstead, Sudbury, QPR, High Wycombe, Coventry so about to lose the game?
I had no idea they started in Hampstead. I can’t really think of any spaces apart from the Heath, but it was probably less built up in those days.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

teds wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:33 pm
Not a jock wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:31 am Perhaps Dayglo and Co were playing Wordle - they had the letters W, A and S but literally in the wrong place? They’ve already had at least five goes guessing the (ideal?!) location ie Hampstead, Sudbury, QPR, High Wycombe, Coventry so about to lose the game?
I had no idea they started in Hampstead. I can’t really think of any spaces apart from the Heath, but it was probably less built up in those days.
They started as a splinter group from Quins, after a fallout about whether players should be accepted from out of area.
Probably didn't want to be the Bee team.

I'll get my coat...
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

loretta wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:42 am
They started as a splinter group from Quins, after a fallout about whether players should be accepted from out of area.

I'll get my coat...
😂
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

loretta wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:42 am
:smt003 :smt003

I'll get my coat...
Very good ! :smt003 :smt004 :smt004
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

If you read the Wikipedia entry for Wasps RFC, the last sentence of the first paragraph of the History section makes familiar reading, especially for those folks unhappy with interpretation of the current rugby laws.

I liked the bee pun - any more insect-related ones? Ant Allen.

What has stripes, six legs and can't be crushed? - ABC club.
LtPigeon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LtPigeon »

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Does he still front the "leg ends" in their bid to resurrect the brand? If so can you imagine anyone accepting he is a shining example of how the brand might function going forwards?
Can there really be anyone who would finance such a venture when even their supporters have been left in the debtors heap?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.