Are Fans welcome at Tigers?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Re: Are Fans welcome at Tigers?

Post by mightymouse »

Actually I’m always exceptionally polite to anyone serving me in any situation but it is exasperating when staff are unable to perform a simple task through lack of training and or lack of required skill level.

As for me I don’t care, I have a number of venues before and after they game that receives my custom and that of my friends and family. I am quite comfortable with that. it is the club who seems concerned that that it has a lack of revenue and wants people before and after games spending money and regularly requests it.

Therefore I suspect it’s more than a few dozen who feel the same way judging by how packed local pubs are at those times.

However as I say it makes no difference to me ,I am happy doing what I do and if the few people who stay behind at the club enjoy that, then let them crack on and the club can keep letting them serve themselves substandard product at inflated prices in a poor environment.. lovely!
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

I tend to agree, but I don’t think it’s just such a recent thing. I agree it might well be something to do with the size of the crowd, making it more of a challenge but I do think premiership clubs like Tigers could boost their crowds by giving them a better experience.

If I am honest I always feel more welcome at championship clubs - had a great experience at JerseyReds last year - and if the catering is expensive, just knowing that many of the staff are volunteers and many of the players are on little more than expenses makes it difficult to begrudge.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

They have hand pulled Tiger in the Drogs but not great.
The food options, like the beer is overpriced.

The farming out of catering hasn't achieved much other than price increases and I doubt much of that increase goes to Tigers.

You used to queue for a pint but not for much of last season and less so this season.

Perhaps Tigers might benefit by lowering prices and selling more?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

The problem is all the catering and alcohol sales are contracted out so Tigers have a regular and fixed income regardless of sales. This means the contractor is free to set the prices as they deem fit in order to redeem their investment outlay and make a profit.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sapajo wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:54 pm The problem is all the catering and alcohol sales are contracted out so Tigers have a regular and fixed income regardless of sales. This means the contractor is free to set the prices as they deem fit in order to redeem their investment outlay and make a profit.
And, as noted, those prices are the standard pretty much anywhere you go.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Not everybody’s issue is with the price but more the quality. I went to a pub nearby before the game on Saturday and paid £2.50 for a cheese and onion cob and £5 for a pint of sun chaser both of which were decent quality. If I could get the same at Tigers I would buy it from there to put my money into the club but the beer / food at Tigers is poor.
A2O