Nation's League approved

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JeffBadland
Tiger Cub

Re: Nation's League approved

Post by JeffBadland »

How does this affect Lions tours? Presumably all nations involved would have to field weakened teams during these periods.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JeffBadland wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:12 pm How does this affect Lions tours? Presumably all nations involved would have to field weakened teams during these periods.
Isn't it changed Lions and RWC years?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

So does the premiership become like the Cricket Indian super league? Ad hoc invitational teams brought together for a reduced period of time to produce a spectacle? I am sure others know more about cricket and can comment on the usefulness, or not, of this analogy.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Offside wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:03 pm So does the premiership become like the Cricket Indian super league? Ad hoc invitational teams brought together for a reduced period of time to produce a spectacle? I am sure others know more about cricket and can comment on the usefulness, or not, of this analogy.
Morel like County Cricket. We have a club team that finds and develops talent and play matches that really do not get many in to watch them to help develop said talent and are kept afloat by central funding. Once we do find a quality player, they are snatched away by England on a central contract and are released back to the clubs once in a blue moon either to regain form or fitness or to be seen in big showcase matches, in which they expect to parachute straight in to the starting squad.

I suspect that the focus will be on having centrally contracted players at clubs for the European matches. League appearances will be few and far between.