PRTV - help!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PJM
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: PRTV - help!

Post by PJM »

Amazon prime is about £9 per month, gives you free delivery and amazon tv. It looks as if they are showing courtesy of tnt but I wont know until I try it. They have some rugby stories on as well. Just watched Tigers Heineken cup game against stade francais in 2000/01.
peteD

Post by peteD »

when I checked the Rugby was an additional subscription to Prime, for the same price of £29.99, so I've opted for the full discovery+ subscription and will leave myself accidentally logged into my Dad's TV.
Last edited by peteD on Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PJM
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PJM »

So now that tnt have gone live it has come up as subscription on amazon prime. I have tnt anyway so not sure what the subscription cost is.
BromsgroveTiger

Post by BromsgroveTiger »

Been navigating the murky waters of TNT and as an existing Prime subscriber have opted for their offer at £29.99 per month which like the old BT monthly pass can be cancelled at any time. This is mainly on the basis that we don’t need it in the close season and as season ticket holders we’re covered for home games and of course they don’t show every game.

We are also on Sky but their offering is £28.99 but with an 18 month contract.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I have internet speed of 46Mbps and the stream is buffering and taking quite a bit of time to restart. Anyone else having problems?
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

BromsgroveTiger wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:44 pm Been navigating the murky waters of TNT and as an existing Prime subscriber have opted for their offer at £29.99 per month which like the old BT monthly pass can be cancelled at any time. This is mainly on the basis that we don’t need it in the close season and as season ticket holders we’re covered for home games and of course they don’t show every game.

We are also on Sky but their offering is £28.99 but with an 18 month contract
I have BT broadband and adding BT Sport now TNT Sport to watch on Sky TV is a lot less than £29.99 you quote. I think it's around £16 per month. As I also watch MotoGP I'm happy with the deal
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

I have had BT TV with sport since BT started showing the rugby. Now sport has gone to TNT watched on BT at no extra cost (good job as the game was not the best) also get Discovery + at no extra cost which means can watch on Sky (when wife is out) on bigger screen again at no extra cost. Added benefit can watch anything on Discover+ at any time
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

I've had BT broadband and phone for a decade or more and since they started charging for BT Sport (when they got Champions League) the cost on Sky has been around £10 a month cheaper if you have BT Broadband. TNT on my last bill was £17.16 and as commented previously you get Discovery+ for free which includes Eurosport.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

I relented. I don’t get to Welford road very often, and given they seem to be having most of the tigers matches on, it works out to less than the price of the car park and a pint per match.

I don’t have sky or bt tv so did a subscribe to discovery plus on my phone.
the tnt connection worked ok , I do have a good internet connection, and I was able to cast it to big tv.

It would so much simpler to have one site Premier Rugby TV - where you have five options.
1. freebie replays but not live.
2 - single match (£5) or single team premiership for season (£175)
3 - all rugby - behind the scenes a tnt season subscription - (£250)
4- all rugby including champion ship highlights -(£275)
5 - all sport inc a years subscription to discovery plus (£360)
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Offside wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:34 pm Most Tigers games seem to be on TNT so not on PRTV. I think it is 9 put of the first 10. I don’t seem to be able to find TNT for less than £29.99. / month ☹️
You won't. It was only every really advantageous for BT Broadband customers who received a 50% or so discount on BT Sport. Now its been sold to Warner/Discovery then the only saving is if you were previously paying for both BT and Discovery (Eurosport etc), as it's now a single subscription, although again, for BT Broadband users the discount seems to have stayed... for now.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:17 pm
Offside wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:34 pm Most Tigers games seem to be on TNT so not on PRTV. I think it is 9 put of the first 10. I don’t seem to be able to find TNT for less than £29.99. / month ☹️
You won't. It was only every really advantageous for BT Broadband customers who received a 50% or so discount on BT Sport. Now its been sold to Warner/Discovery then the only saving is if you were previously paying for both BT and Discovery (Eurosport etc), as it's now a single subscription, although again, for BT Broadband users the discount seems to have stayed... for now.
Sadly not for Plusnet users. Once an independent company, now the BT cheap brand! It is nice to be downgraded without ones consent. Cheap though!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I threatened to leave Sky and go back to BT so I got a deal with all Sky sports + BT as was +Sky cinema etc etc. They will negotiate a lower price if you stick at it.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:16 pm I threatened to leave Sky and go back to BT so I got a deal with all Sky sports + BT as was +Sky cinema etc etc. They will negotiate a lower price if you stick at it.
Have all the Sky package and managed to get them to reduce by £33 per month.....they want to retain customers so always worth challenging the prices.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:24 pm
Old Hob wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:16 pm I threatened to leave Sky and go back to BT so I got a deal with all Sky sports + BT as was +Sky cinema etc etc. They will negotiate a lower price if you stick at it.
Have all the Sky package and managed to get them to reduce by £33 per month.....they want to retain customers so always worth challenging the prices.
Its the same with NowTV, except you don't have to deal with a salesperson. Just set a reminder at the end of the period, click you want to cancel, and 3 or 4 clicks later you're back at your discounted price.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:50 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:24 pm
Its the same with NowTV, except you don't have to deal with a salesperson. Just set a reminder at the end of the period, click you want to cancel, and 3 or 4 clicks later you're back at your discounted price.
That's how I roll too! :smt023
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer