Tigers v Bedford Blues (A) - Prem Rugby Cup - Saturday 07th October 2023 KO: 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lutontiger

Re: Tigers v Bedford Blues (A) - Prem Rugby Cup - Saturday 07th October 2023 KO: 3-00pm

Post by Lutontiger »

Couldn’t work out average age, but some of them looked as though they’d need a letter from their mum to stay out late! They did really well and didn’t give up, despite being clearly ‘out-beefed’ and occasionally out- thought by the Blues.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bedford Blues (A) - Prem Rugby Cup - Saturday 07th October 2023 KO: 3-00pm

Post by Rugbygramps »

I get the impression that this was Mckellars plan from the start of the 5 games, no matter what our position in the pool would have been. Allowing for injury the 5 sides will have been mapped out and always intended to have a full week with the premiership squad before Brizzle.
I get peoples unease at the side fielded, but I think if Andrea had gone to him last week and said it would be nice to have a home semi can you change your plans he would, correctly imo, told her politely what to do
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:40 pm I get the impression that this was Mckellars plan from the start of the 5 games, no matter what our position in the pool would have been. Allowing for injury the 5 sides will have been mapped out and always intended to have a full week with the premiership squad before Brizzle.
I get peoples unease at the side fielded, but I think if Andrea had gone to him last week and said it would be nice to have a home semi can you change your plans he would, correctly imo, told her politely what to do
If what I got from the radio was correct, McKellar did not even coach the team for this match. Suggests that the plan was always to take the likely 23 for this week away to train in preparation and leave the rest and the academy coaches to deal with the final PRC match.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

GB72 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:46 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:40 pm I get the impression that this was Mckellars plan from the start of the 5 games, no matter what our position in the pool would have been. Allowing for injury the 5 sides will have been mapped out and always intended to have a full week with the premiership squad before Brizzle.
If what I got from the radio was correct, McKellar did not even coach the team for this match. Suggests that the plan was always to take the likely 23 for this week away to train in preparation and leave the rest and the academy coaches to deal with the final PRC match.
I believe it was Matt Smith. Dossers lad not Doctor Who
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Yeah I think with the first game of the season being a Friday it was determined that Sunday would be a training day, day after the game is normally the rest day.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but has been confirmed that our PRC semi at Ealing will be on 18/02/2024 kick off 3pm and will be shown live on TNT