RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Thought Wayne was rather lenient with the behaviour of Porter & Sexton, pretty sure Porter manged to elbow Barrett (J) in the head when he stopped the try.

Excellent game between two teams for whom kick isn't the first option...I struggle to imagine England getting anywhere near 20 let alone 30 phases.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

100% forward pass for the second NZ try
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Still can’t believe how much of a breakdown master class it was,POM and JVDF were anonymous,POM highlights were carrying in the wide channels. I remember one good turnover from Doris that’s it. That’s whee the game was won,and with NZ defence. They were forcing Ireland into overplaying a lot of the time
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:21 am Still can’t believe how much of a breakdown master class it was,POM and JVDF were anonymous,POM highlights were carrying in the wide channels. I remember one good turnover from Doris that’s it. That’s whee the game was won,and with NZ defence. They were forcing Ireland into overplaying a lot of the time
Agree I thought Sam Cane was immense last night, always felt for him having to follow McCaw but he certainly proved his doubters wrong last night
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

mol2 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:56 pm The draw is the draw and how the draw is made is the same for all teams. They earned (or failed to) their rankings at the specified times. Don’t complain if you improved or others fell according to the rules.

Ireland lost & Wales lost. How will the Celtic fawning press cope if England go through?
Fatty Barnes, notorious Tigers/England hater and Celt lover, has got the result of both of the decided QFs wrong. He’s got England to lose as well. I’m hoping pundit Barnes is going to make a clean sweep of wrong predictions….which wouldn’t surprise me in the least!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TomWeston wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:11 am
mol2 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:56 pm The draw is the draw and how the draw is made is the same for all teams. They earned (or failed to) their rankings at the specified times. Don’t complain if you improved or others fell according to the rules.

Ireland lost & Wales lost. How will the Celtic fawning press cope if England go through?
Fatty Barnes, notorious Tigers/England hater and Celt lover, has got the result of both of the decided QFs wrong. He’s got England to lose as well. I’m hoping pundit Barnes is going to make a clean sweep of wrong predictions….which wouldn’t surprise me in the least!
Looks like I might too,I called a NH clean sweep ,doh!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

I see Gatland is using the last minute change of ref as an excuse….
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

It's a feeble excuse if you blame the change of ref.
If you played to the laws then it would make little difference. The same should apply to the ref's too.
Baz

Post by Baz »

Given that Peyper was omitted from the ref's list for the 2019 WC, because of how cosy he was with the Welsh team, I was amazed to see him given a Welsh QF at all! Using Peyper's "loss" as an excuse is pathetic; it probably benefitted the game.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

My call was Argentina, NZ, England and SA, so I'm OK so far, but think France may have the edge now. The England call was what is called a paradox - the stodgier they play, the more I saw them staggering into the semis. I felt more confident with Ford and Care on the park, that pair could out-think Fiji easily. Mitchell and Fazlet...... :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

it really is weird that 2 players who didn't make the initial squad are now certain starters for Steve, why weren't Mitchell and May in the initial squad then?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Could do with Fiji winning so we get our players back
A2O
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Love to see Sexton whinging at the end, very good rugby player but pretty awful human being. I do wonder if Crowley coming on with 10-20 minutes to go might have made a difference, rather than making the old man play 80. Seems Ireland have a blind spot with Sexton the same as England do with Farrell.
ay2oh wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:45 pm Could do with Fiji winning so we get our players back
100% agree, plus Fiji will be more fun to watch in the Semi.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Must win game? You’re joking SCW :smt005
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

What price losses to Fiji and Afghanistan in the same day?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"