Championship &RFU

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Championship &RFU

Post by chewbacca »

They need a team able to sell rugby to a wider audience and broaden it's appeal. Just managing the current state is not going to be enough.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Championship &RFU

Post by Rugbygramps »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:36 pm
ay2oh wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:24 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:36 pm

Really? Why wouldn't you get one of the most experienced sporting/rugby business brains involved with trying to grow your product?
Business brains 😂
Well, under his tenure as COO and CEO we did go from a 16800 stadium to a 26000 one.

I'm not sure why you think the emoji is relevant. Covid might have pushed the club close to the brink, but he knew what was coming to the other clubs well before. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say, unless you're just doing the lazy take. If he was that bad, why would the club have ensured he take 18 months (IIRC) "gardening leave" after he left?
Cohen very much like Cockers splits opinion. There were some on here that were his advocates, others who felt he was an unpleasant individual. For me his tenure at the club was one overshadowed by favouritism and nepotism, for past players and families which stretched throughout the club.
I commented that I felt it was a surprise move he has been employed by the championship clubs, others will disagree and they must have a reason for hiring him.
The mistake would be to turn this into a Simon Cohen thread rather than the bigger picture