RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Post by Robespierre »

Antoine Dupont has been given the green light to resume training ahead of Sunday's QF against South Africa.
Too soon, in my opinion, as the Boks will clout him hard at the earliest opportunity.
Semper in excretia
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

I suspect it was international experience that swung it. But here’s hoping we get to see Mr Mercer in the coming Six Nations.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I very much doubt Underhill will get a game so it's a bit irrelevant for the matches, but he knows the squad better so will better in training. Fit and firing he's a great player though.
I only live there to wind up the population!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:57 am Underhill gets the nod ahead of Pearson, Mercer or Tom Willis
I've missed this who has gone home?
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:05 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:57 am Underhill gets the nod ahead of Pearson, Mercer or Tom Willis
I've missed this who has gone home?
Jack Willis
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

oh ok, well that's his England career over for a few years, good luck in France
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

As he was one of the players made redundant by Wasps’ collapse, he may well have an exemption in the same way Arundell has because of Irish going under apparently.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

mol2 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:36 pm As he was one of the players made redundant by Wasps’ collapse, he may well have an exemption in the same way Arundell has because of Irish going under apparently.
Jack's exemption has run out. The exemption only lasted the season. Arundell is only till the end of this current season starting now
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:57 pm
mol2 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:36 pm As he was one of the players made redundant by Wasps’ collapse, he may well have an exemption in the same way Arundell has because of Irish going under apparently.
Jack's exemption has run out. The exemption only lasted the season. Arundell is only till the end of this current season starting now
Wasn’t aware of that. I assume that neither Ribbans or Marchant will get an exemption as they have moved from clubs still trading
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:03 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:57 pm
Wasn’t aware of that. I assume that neither Ribbans or Marchant will get an exemption as they have moved from clubs still trading
Correct
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

with the financial state of the league keeping that rule is becoming untenable, let the stars that can go to France or one of the Irish provinces, contrary to the spin not all of them will go as there simply aren't enough spaces and release clubs from the financial burden of over paying for players they don't get to use for a full season.

The rule is immoral in any case IMO but the wallets may appeal more is getting them to remove it
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I think SB has some big selection decisions to make this weekend. DT pundits, at long last, questioning if SB will stick with OF and continue with him?
Fiji are a big heavy hard hitting team, will SB dare to go light weight, ie Ford, Arundel, Smith or will he have to select our weightier backs, or even forwards, will Cole get selected, dountful in my opinion.?

I recon it could be.
Marler, George, Sinkler, Chessum, Itoje, Lawes, Earl, Curry, Care, Farrell, May, Tuilagi, Lawrence, Marchant, Steward.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Don’t think I’ll bother watching if Ford gets dropped!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Neither Itoje nor Lawes are in on anything other than name…

Steward
Marchant
Daly
Lawrence
Arundell
Ford
Youngs
Marker
George
Cole
Martin
Chessum
Curry
Earl
Billy V

Dan
Genge
Sinckler
Itoje
Lawes
Mitchell
Smith
Malins
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Can’t see Borthwick going with anything but a Farrell-Tuilagi-Marchant midfield with Ford out the squad.

He will want two playmakers so genuine chance that Smith starts, safe option (so more likely?) is bringing Daly back though he’s been poor this World Cup.