Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Post by Scott1 »

fentiger wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:54 am
Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:52 am I didn’t catch it but was Samoas knock on try disallowed “after” the conversion was taken? I’ve just heard that but surely that’s wrong if so,the try would stand once the conversion is taken
Apparently now they can disallow the try right up until the restart! #makeitupastheygoalong :smt017
Really? When did that come in? That’s new to me!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

COJ!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

fentiger wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:54 am
Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:52 am I didn’t catch it but was Samoas knock on try disallowed “after” the conversion was taken? I’ve just heard that but surely that’s wrong if so,the try would stand once the conversion is taken
Apparently now they can disallow the try right up until the restart! #makeitupastheygoalong :smt017
And was like that for the whole of last season at least to stop teams rushing conversions if they thought the try might not be given
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:08 am
mol2 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:13 pm So they crossed off Chessum’s second try for propelling himself on the ground but completely ignored the lack of arms in the tackle that stopped him.
This was a typical Brace level of refereeing, I suppose we are lucky that his sidekick Joy Neville was not the TMO but as we have seen at Tigers Brace is not up to the standard. It was the TMO that refereed the match decisions not Brace who tried his best to decide the result!. :smt013
And when did Brace ever give a penalty for an English pack rolling their opposition scrum back? Gengey had his man on toast yesterday, pack rolling forward and all Brace says instead of raising his arm is ‘Use it’, which at least twice so confused the hapless Mitchell that Samoa were able to take advantage.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TomWeston wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:52 am
AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:08 am
mol2 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:13 pm So they crossed off Chessum’s second try for propelling himself on the ground but completely ignored the lack of arms in the tackle that stopped him.
This was a typical Brace level of refereeing, I suppose we are lucky that his sidekick Joy Neville was not the TMO but as we have seen at Tigers Brace is not up to the standard. It was the TMO that refereed the match decisions not Brace who tried his best to decide the result!. :smt013
And when did Brace ever give a penalty for an English pack rolling their opposition scrum back? Gengey had his man on toast yesterday, pack rolling forward and all Brace says instead of raising his arm is ‘Use it’, which at least twice so confused the hapless Mitchell that Samoa were able to take advantage.
It’s not actually an offence for a pack to be going backwards though tbf ,and on one occasion it looked like both front rows stood up at the same time
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

COJ! This should be a cracker!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Where was this Argentina v England?!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Look how these teams move the ball compared to how England do!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:15 pm
Look how these teams move the ball compared to how England don't! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:25 pm
That’s what I should’ve said :smt005 :smt023
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:28 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:25 pm
That’s what I should’ve said :smt005 :smt023
:smt023 :smt023 🤣🤣
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Quite clear for me that Curry's red for head contact in the first England game was political - a statement early in the competition to lay down a marker for the new system.

I say this because of the number of incidents as bad or (like the Japan v Arg head contact just now) worse and with less mitigation which we have seen since are now staying yellow.

And again I say it is mere window dressing. If they were serious about this being for player welfare both players should be given a HIA.
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

thebearisstilldeano wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:37 pm Quite clear for me that Curry's red for head contact in the first England game was political - a statement early in the competition to lay down a marker for the new system.

I say this because of the number of incidents as bad or (like the Japan v Arg head contact just now) worse and with less mitigation which we have seen since are now staying yellow.

And again I say it is mere window dressing. If they were serious about this being for player welfare both players should be given a HIA.
There was a very late step in this incident,correct decision for me
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Lavinini having a very good game in the carry
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Brilliant try,great game this!