Tigers vs Newcastle (H) - Prem Rugby Cup - Saturday 30th September 2023 KO 3pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Newcastle (H) - Prem Rugby Cup - Saturday 30th September 2023 KO 3pm

Post by Darc Tiger »

GB72 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:08 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:48 pm The nature of Rugby is that the backs do little until the forwards have won the ball from the opposition, it is lovely to see the backs running with he ball but it usually has been provided by the pack. If you do not enjoy a forward battle or exerting dominance over the opposing eight.you are watching the wrong sport. The half backs regularly get.man of the match, occasionally a winger might but but we're it not for the eight men of the pack there would have been nothing to celebrate.
Indeed, the old adage is often true that the forwards decide who wins and the backs decide by how many (though you could argue that the forwards make both decisions in many matches).
Josh Bassett probably agreed with your parentheses on Saturday.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Newcastle (H) - Prem Rugby Cup - Saturday 30th September 2023 KO 3pm

Post by LE18 »

Darc Tiger wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:30 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:48 pm The nature of Rugby is that the backs do little until the forwards have won the ball from the opposition, it is lovely to see the backs running with he ball but it usually has been provided by the pack. If you do not enjoy a forward battle or exerting dominance over the opposing eight.you are watching the wrong sport. The half backs regularly get.man of the match, occasionally a winger might but but we're it not for the eight men of the pack there would have been nothing to celebrate.
Indeed, the old adage is often true that the forwards decide who wins and the backs decide by how many (though you could argue that the forwards make both decisions in many matches).
It appears to me that most tries are scored on the left rather than the right. Possibly because its easier to pass using the right hand?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:26 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:30 pm

It appears to me that most tries are scored on the left rather than the right. Possibly because its easier to pass using the right hand?
Absolutely most players are right handed so they will find it easier to pass to their left
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

Still waiting for the full game to be uploaded onto the Premiership Rugby site
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

LekkerTigers wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:49 am Still waiting for the full game to be uploaded onto the Premiership Rugby site
Chase @JonnyBFordham on Twitter, he's taken over from Paul Morgan as head of Comms for Prem Rugby...

I have tweeted asking him where they are...

If others do maybe they'll actually get round to uploading....
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Head of comms for Premiership Rugby says this game won't go onto PRTV.

https://twitter.com/JonnyBFordham/statu ... UWQLg&s=19

For me this is a terrible decision!!!
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:53 pm Head of comms for Premiership Rugby says this game won't go onto PRTV.

Forgive me if I’m wrong but isn’t this the only game not to be uploaded so far?? If so it looks v bad from PR!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RunTigerRun wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:59 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:53 pm Head of comms for Premiership Rugby says this game won't go onto PRTV.

Forgive me if I’m wrong but isn’t this the only game not to be uploaded so far?? If so it looks v bad from PR!
No in previous weeks they have uploaded 6 out of 11 of the matches.

This week (no Jersey game) they have uploaded 5 matches.

However ours is the only game for which there is a highlights package that has not had the full match uploaded