LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:58 am I had been jokingly saying that Eddie only took the Aus job for the payout when he gets sacked and I'm beginning to think that is true now
You cynic you.....but you may just be right!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

given they booted him out for Eddie I cannot see Dan going back after this world cup, at least not for a year or 2
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

McKellar has said he is here for the long haul so the conversation is academic unless you think he’s a liar
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:51 pm McKellar has said he is here for the long haul so the conversation is academic unless you think he’s a liar
Things change,doesn’t mean he would be a liar if he did go.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:51 pm McKellar has said he is here for the long haul so the conversation is academic unless you think he’s a liar
I'm sure Steve said similar but I wouldn't call him a liar, until there is a job to take why would he say any different
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

It’s almost as though some people want him to return to Australia
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Because Borthwick never said he would stay whereas McKellar has said he intends to at least see out this contract and is open to staying longer.
A2O
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

When Borthwick came it was on the understanding that he would be odds on to replace Eddie J after the World Cup, Jones early sacking caused the succession plan to be implemented earlier than expected. I am not sure we anticipated that so many of Borthwick's staff would follow him out.
I doubt very much that our new coach would consider leaving before he has had a chance to show what he can do in the Premiership.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I feel if Eddie goes now Jamie Joesph would be fav to replace him (Although if McKeller did go I would take Joesph here also...)
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Isn’t Joseph going back to the Highlanders?
https://www.planetrugby.com/news/real- ... -world-cup

Been saying for years, Jamie Joseph and Tony Brown would be on my list every time we needed to look for a head coach. Joseph drills grizzly tenacious packs that suffocate teams, and Brown builds incisive attacking lineups.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:46 am Isn’t Joseph going back to the Highlanders?
https://www.planetrugby.com/news/real- ... -world-cup

Been saying for years, Jamie Joseph and Tony Brown would be on my list every time we needed to look for a head coach. Joseph drills grizzly tenacious packs that suffocate teams, and Brown builds incisive attacking lineups.
Yeah he's heading back to the Highlanders on a four year deal. He interviewed for the NZ job and missed out so that deal suggests he's waiting for the next world cup cycle to have another shot at the NZ job. The Australia job might be to good to turn down both financially and potentially proving a point to the NZRU if he can turn them around and Robertson doesn't work out.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

After the fantastic win by Wales over the terrible moaning Aussies I am concerned that Dan Palmer ~ Tigers future Set piece coach will bring us their total lack of the packs skills to Tigers. Are we making a mistake? :smt017
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:59 pm After the fantastic win by Wales over the terrible moaning Aussies I am concerned that Dan Palmer ~ Tigers future Set piece coach will bring us their total lack of the packs skills to Tigers. Are we making a mistake? :smt017
Aussie line out coach ?
Last edited by Rugbygramps on Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:59 pm After the fantastic win by Wales over the terrible moaning Aussies I am concerned that Dan Palmer ~ Tigers future Set piece coach will bring us their total lack of the packs skills to Tigers. Are we making a mistake? :smt017
Jones is so toxic now that I don't think it matters how good the coaches are its just not going to work
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:08 pm
Jones is so toxic now that I don't think it matters how good the coaches are its just not going to work
Totally agree. Palmer has also worked closely with Mckellar before