Re: RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

yellow given to the Tonga 8 has been upgraded to a red
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:52 pm yellow given to the Tonga 8 has been upgraded to a red
That was definitely a red!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:34 am Had a go at the permutations and I think this is right. I'm going off Fiji getting 2 BP wins and Oz and Wales getting BP wins in their other games which is a bit disrespectful but I think they will. Here goes: (please correct me if I'm wrong!)
Wales win and Oz are out
A draw and Oz are out
Oz win 4-0 and Wales are out due to head to head
Oz win 4-1 and Oz are out.
Oz win 5-0 and Wales are out
Oz win 5-1 and all 3 teams are level and then it gets very interesting!
I don't mind any result accept Oz 5-1,I really want Fiji to go through and it be in their own hands. Will that missed kick come back to haunt them yet?!
Put this up again for reference,if it’s right!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Good luck to my mate Dokie,he’s been getting the results right lately,hope he’s been having a bet!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:19 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:34 am Had a go at the permutations and I think this is right. I'm going off Fiji getting 2 BP wins and Oz and Wales getting BP wins in their other games which is a bit disrespectful but I think they will. Here goes: (please correct me if I'm wrong!)
Wales win and Oz are out
A draw and Oz are out
I don't mind any result accept Oz 5-1,I really want Fiji to go through and it be in their own hands. Will that missed kick come back to haunt them yet?!
5-2 is an interesting split of points too..

Also credit to Georgia and Portugal I think they could yet spring a surprise on one team...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:27 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:19 pm
Wales win and Oz are out
A draw and Oz are out
5-2 is an interesting split of points too..

Also credit to Georgia and Portugal I think they could yet spring a surprise on one team...
Yeah 5-2,forgot about that! That's Oz out because Wales can finish on 17 points and Fiji beat Oz. I hope one of the others spring a surprise
Last edited by Scott1 on Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:28 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:24 pm I’m just hoping we don’t see a 5/1 Oz win later,I’ll take any other win.
Wales need to go as far as possible just to get Tommy over the cap freshold, unless we work out a 6 month loan to top him up down the road, he needs 14 more to meet the 25 needed to not have to move to a region
It doesn't make andy difference.

Reffell cannot pass the required cap threshold this season even if Wales went all the way and he played every game.

Therefore it's a question
Is he on a rolling contract past this year, if yes then he can pass it likely next year (assuming no injuries and picked in at least half their games). If no, then the choice comes at the end of the season what to do and there is no way to reach 25 caps by then.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:31 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:24 pm I’m just hoping we don’t see a 5/1 Oz win later,I’ll take any other win.
Wales need to go as far as possible just to get Tommy over the cap freshold, unless we work out a 6 month loan to top him up down the road, he needs 14 more to meet the 25 needed to not have to move to a region

Reffell cannot pass the required cap threshold this season even if Wales went all the way and he played every game.

Is he on a rolling contract past this year, if yes then he can pass it likely next year (assuming no injuries and picked in at least half their games). If no, then the choice comes at the end of the season what to do and there is no way to reach 25 caps by then.
He’s got to get back into their match day squad yet, which he isn’t for their most important game of the tournament. Gatland must prefer his 7s to have a more physical edge than Reffell brings
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:46 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:31 pm

He’s got to get back into their match day squad yet, which he isn’t for their most important game of the tournament. Gatland must prefer his 7s to have a more physical edge than Reffell brings
Hang on he was in their first 23 (which was a massive game for Wales, going in to the tournament looked like the more important for Wales to win), scheduled to start their 2nd match, then pulled out injured. I have not seen anywhere he's fit again, I suspect he's not yet fit rather than not selected. The good news from a Tigers perspective is he's still in the squad, which means they must think he'll be back before the end of the tournament.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I hadn’t seen that he was injured so if that is what is keeping him out apologies.
For clarity wasn’t having a go at Reffell, we all know what he brings to the team
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Wales by 5-7
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:55 pm I hadn’t seen that he was injured so if that is what is keeping him out apologies.
For clarity wasn’t having a go at Reffell, we all know what he brings to the team
pulled out of the warm up of their last match
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

also I thought I read somewhere Reffell had 2 years left left here, might have been someone else though
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Biggar off injured early, that could be a game changer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:21 pm Biggar off injured early, that could be a game changer
Someone on here wrote that injuries might decide this WC - Dupont, Marx, Biggar?
Hope Pollard isn't going to be one.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.