Match Day Program

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

beech2

Re: Match Day Program

Post by beech2 »

I can understand why the Club has got to consider all cost saving measures and clearly this is one. There are two sections in the programme which I will be upset to miss and I hope that the Club will use the web site to overcome these. Firstly a full list of the squads should be published and the statistics of all the games should be listed. Although I have not kept copies of all the programmes I have kept it for the last game of each season.

I presume that the cost of producing a year book at the end of each season would be costly but I am sure that there would be quite of a demand for it.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I always used to purchase a programme but come Wednesday when it had been read 6x what then do you do with it?
I have a dusty box of old international and even Middlesex Sevens programmes that will be recycled if "Her who has to be obeyed has her way!" :smt017
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

beech2 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:52 pm I can understand why the Club has got to consider all cost saving measures and clearly this is one. There are two sections in the programme which I will be upset to miss and I hope that the Club will use the web site to overcome these.
Again, I suspect for the Premiership and Champions' Cup fixtures there may well still be programmes. There's just no benefit in doing so for the half empty PRC fixtures.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:20 pm
beech2 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:52 pm I can understand why the Club has got to consider all cost saving measures and clearly this is one. There are two sections in the programme which I will be upset to miss and I hope that the Club will use the web site to overcome these.
Again, I suspect for the Premiership and Champions' Cup fixtures there may well still be programmes. There's just no benefit in doing so for the half empty PRC fixtures.
I would be surprised if there are tbh. I suspect a lot of people buy them for the team announcement which can be replaced by the big screens and a simple printed sheet if required
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:25 pm
I would be surprised if there are tbh. I suspect a lot of people buy them for the team announcement which can be replaced by the big screens and a simple printed sheet if required
I think the team announcement is the last thing people buy them for, and hasn't been for years as it's always several days out of date. Its the squad at stats many will get them for, and just as a souvenir.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:36 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:25 pm

I think the team announcement is the last thing people buy them for, and hasn't been for years as it's always several days out of date. Its the squad at stats many will get them for, and just as a souvenir.
Well a day out of date or 2 if it’s a Sunday game. If as you say people buy them for stats, I think you’ll find the average supporter isn’t that bothered, these are easily found elsewhere. If just for a souvenir then unfortunate but all things come to end.

It will be as most things a financial decision, how much does it cost to produce a quality colour programme, how much can you sell it for based on that cost before people say no thanks, and wastage as any not sold is money in the bin
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:44 pm It will be as most things a financial decision, how much does it cost to produce a quality colour programme, how much can you sell it for based on that cost before people say no thanks, and wastage as any not sold is money in the bin
Though again no one actually knows that the club aren't producing them this season. It's just an assumption based on them not being produced for Nottingham or Caldy. Also it's worth considering who they may be bought for too. For example kids love information, and they aren't necessarily at the age where they can access the information elsewhere. :smt001
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Matchday programmes have gone up in price over the years and I guess a lot of them are thrown away after each game or stacked in a corner of a room collecting dust. There are some who do collect them for souvenirs and autographs.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:17 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:44 pm It will be as most things a financial decision, how much does it cost to produce a quality colour programme, how much can you sell it for based on that cost before people say no thanks, and wastage as any not sold is money in the bin
Though again no one actually knows that the club aren't producing them this season. It's just an assumption based on them not being produced for Nottingham or Caldy. Also it's worth considering who they may be bought for too. For example kids love information, and they aren't necessarily at the age where they can access the information elsewhere. :smt001
The opening post of the thread said they had been told by the staff in the shop that they were no longer being produced at all. So it's not an assumption, though it may have been crossed wires or the shop may have been mistaken.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

For the people that regularly bought a matchday programme it was an important part of their enjoyment whether for the articles or the stats. Personally I rarely bought one somehow I loads of them of various vintage gathering dust.
I would have thought the advertising revenue paid for the cost of production and auction in the programme may be part of various sponsorship agreements.
I understand why the club would not provide a matchday magazine for anticipated low attendance matches but surely handing out a team sheet is easy enough. During a match.i am sure I am.not alone in wondering about the identity.of a specific player, a quick glance at a piece of paper is far easier than trying to check on my phone and not everyone carries the technology to do that.
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Better when George Chuter had a page of nonsense :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

A lot of it looks to be for Season Ticket holders, Members and people purchasing match tickets, which is fair enough I suppose.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:30 pm
A lot of it looks to be only for Season Ticket holders, Members and people purchasing match tickets, which is fair enough I suppose.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:30 pm
A lot of it looks to be for Season Ticket holders, Members and people purchasing match tickets, which is fair enough I suppose.
Daft question other than those people who would be interested in purchasing a programme when there are so many other sources of information on line