Tigers vs Caldy (H) - Prem Rugby Cup - Saturday 9th September 2023 KO 3pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Notinthecounty

Re: Tigers vs Caldy (H) - Prem Rugby Cup - Saturday 9th September 2023 KO 3pm

Post by Notinthecounty »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:31 am
johnthegriff wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:12 am As I said in my post I was told by the steward when I arrived that there was water available if I needed it, as I sit in the Crumble I did not require it, but as others posted a little earlier than me they were supplied with free water on the North Stand side. Maybe the club could have announced that it was permissible to move to an empty shades seat but I do know of a few who took the initiative and did it for them selves. My friends who sit centrally in the North Stand asked a steward if they could move into the shade at half-time and he or she suggested areas they could move to.
We were certainly told on the entry that we could move seats but people seem to have missed the central point of my post which was the lack of facilities for wheelchair fans to move into the shade. As far as I am aware, they couldn't, which is why I suggested club brollies that they could have if needed. I am also pleased to find out that you can get free pints of water from the bars - I have to confess I didn't know that and it has never been advertised to my knowledge. It would have been brilliant if a steward had gone along the line of wheelchairs with bottles of free water - it would really have shown them that we do care.

I sit in the north stand and I saw the steward handing out pints of water to fans in the wheelchair section, more than once.

We asked when we came in if we could move and told we could.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

johnthegriff wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:12 am As I said in my post I was told by the steward when I arrived that there was water available if I needed it, as I sit in the Crumble I did not require it, but as others posted a little earlier than me they were supplied with free water on the North Stand side. Maybe the club could have announced that it was permissible to move to an empty shades seat but I do know of a few who took the initiative and did it for them selves. My friends who sit centrally in the North Stand asked a steward if they could move into the shade at half-time and he or she suggested areas they could move to.
We sit in the Crumbie, no one told us water was available free, my wife was charged £6 for our 2 bottles at half time. :smt017
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Who goes somewhere on a hot day and doesn't take a bottle of tap water with them?

Or doesn't know to ask at the bar/cafe/restaurant..?

Don't get me wrong I've complained plenty about Tigers food and drink service but this seems a strange hill to die on.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

ourla wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:58 pm Who goes somewhere on a hot day and doesn't take a bottle of tap water with them?

Or doesn't know to ask at the bar/cafe/restaurant..?

Don't get me wrong I've complained plenty about Tigers food and drink service but this seems a strange hill to die on.
I am reliably advised that it is a legal requirement for pubs to provide potable tap water free of charge to those requesting such a drink. My brother in law is a boring old fart and always asks for a pint of potable tap water in Wetherspoons ~ he really does not realise the variety of good beer he is missing but hey hoh! :smt030