LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:12 pm Is it worth starting another thread for when the academy squads will be finalised. A couple of posters do seem very perplexed by it, as is their right, whereas I suggest for the rest of us it will happen when it happens, and will support the names on the team sheet
This is the "squad" thread. The whole point of this thread is the makeup of the squad, who we need to sign, when that signing will be announced, who may be leaving etc...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:31 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:12 pm Is it worth starting another thread for when the academy squads will be finalised. A couple of posters do seem very perplexed by it, as is their right, whereas I suggest for the rest of us it will happen when it happens, and will support the names on the team sheet
This is the "squad" thread. The whole point of this thread is the makeup of the squad, who we need to sign, when that signing will be announced, who may be leaving etc...
Says one of those most perplexed by the issue. It will happen when it happens
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

yes the SQUAD thread academy players are not part of that squad they are in the academy.

There could be many reason why they aren't being updated but people are making a massive issue over it, whilst it would be nice to know it makes very little difference. Leicester City for example don't have a section on their website for their u21 or u18 squads but there is still a lively discussion about players are doing well, who is injured etc.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Blog enforcers gonna try and enforce……
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Only one thing more enjoyable than people being upset about the lack of clarity on the academy, is people arguing about whether people have the right to be upset about the lack of clarity.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Little point debating the squad if we don't know who we have available as next in line to the incumbents. I take the point we could just be philosophical and wait for signings to be announced as and when they happen but then what would be the point of the many pages of this thread.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:59 pm Little point debating the squad if we don't know who we have available as next in line to the incumbents. I take the point we could just be philosophical and wait for signings to be announced as and when they happen but then what would be the point of the many pages of this thread.
I take your point, and I enjoy reading news of possible signings and leavers when we have names to discuss or there is something concrete announced. It’s the getting frustrated at academy squads not being finalised I don’t understand but that’s just my opinion
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:33 pm
yes the SQUAD thread academy players are not part of that squad they are in the academy.

There could be many reason why they aren't being updated but people are making a massive issue over it, whilst it would be nice to know it makes very little difference. Leicester City for example don't have a section on their website for their u21 or u18 squads but there is still a lively discussion about players are doing well, who is injured etc.
One of them played v Nottingham!

Not that it's a competition but LCFC do have an equivalent squad page on their website:
https://www.lcfc.com/u21s/profiles?lang=en
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Could reason be Data protection as players are U18?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

LE18 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:27 pm Could reason be Data protection as players are U18?
It's the Senior Academy aka the Development squad (who are apart from salary cap definitions actually in the senior squad for this year)
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

sk 88 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:22 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:33 pm

One of them played v Nottingham!

Not that it's a competition but LCFC do have an equivalent squad page on their website:
https://www.lcfc.com/u21s/profiles?lang=en
that U21 page is a long way out of date, its last seasons kit, several of those players shown were announced as being release at the end of the previous season and 3 of them are not firmly in the first team squad and one of the keepers has been sold, also if you click on the teams tab you see the mens and womens side not an U21s
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Best Tigers Eyes episode so far

https://youtu.be/dj-ojrhX_XI?si=W0SN9lN1_j3mWtlc

Learnt lots of cool tidbits... seems very clear that Shillcock grew up a Tigers fan from the way he talked
We've got Super Dan Mckellar!
He knows exactly what we need!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:36 pm Best Tigers Eyes episode so far

https://youtu.be/dj-ojrhX_XI?si=W0SN9lN1_j3mWtlc

Learnt lots of cool tidbits... seems very clear that Shillcock grew up a Tigers fan from the way he talked
We've got Super Dan Mckellar!
He knows exactly what we need!
He alluded to it in the post Caldy interviews too, come to think of it I seem to remember him saying the first game he ever went to was a Tigers match in the press release when he signed
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Very good tigers eyes. Mckellar certainly has something about him, from the snippets I’ve seen a better communicator than Borthwick.
Excited by the potential of a back 3 of Bassett, OHC and Shilcock
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:58 am Very good tigers eyes. Mckellar certainly has something about him, from the snippets I’ve seen a better communicator than Borthwick.
Excited by the potential of a back 3 of Bassett, OHC and Shilcock
And possibly Watson
A2O