Tigers vs Caldy (H) - Prem Rugby Cup - Saturday 9th September 2023 KO 3pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Tigers vs Caldy (H) - Prem Rugby Cup - Saturday 9th September 2023 KO 3pm

Post by Tigerbeat »

LtPigeon wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:16 pm Whilst water fountains would be useful, credit must be given to the club for providing pint glasses of cold water free of charge. They were available from the bar in the Final Whistle for anyone to take - very welcome on such a hot day!
Water was also available at the kiosks under the MW Stand.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Water was much needed. Little things show people are thinking about our experience
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

So we have fans criticising the club for not opening bars etc on three sides of the ground despite the fact that they were open. There are also some that comp!ain free water was not available when it was, when I arrived at the steps to.my seat in the Crumble the steward told me there was water available if I needed it. Others complain they were not told they could move to another seat, did they ask? I have never been to a rugby ground where this was a problem as long as you are not upgrading your seat.
It would be nice if sometimes people could find positive things to say about the club they support, there are occasions when legitimate complaints can be raised but for some it seems nothing is ever right.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

johnthegriff wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:30 pm So we have fans criticising the club for not opening bars etc on three sides of the ground despite the fact that they were open. There are also some that comp!ain free water was not available when it was, when I arrived at the steps to.my seat in the Crumble the steward told me there was water available if I needed it. Others complain they were not told they could move to another seat, did they ask? I have never been to a rugby ground where this was a problem as long as you are not upgrading your seat.
It would be nice if sometimes people could find positive things to say about the club they support, there are occasions when legitimate complaints can be raised but for some it seems nothing is ever right.
Totally agree with this.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

+1.
A2O
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:35 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:30 pm So we have fans criticising the club for not opening bars etc on three sides of the ground despite the fact that they were open. There are also some that comp!ain free water was not available when it was, when I arrived at the steps to.my seat in the Crumble the steward told me there was water available if I needed it. Others complain they were not told they could move to another seat, did they ask? I have never been to a rugby ground where this was a problem as long as you are not upgrading your seat.
Totally agree with this.
Me too. We are in the Yodel stand, south facing, full sun. We just decided to move to the padded seats in the hospitality section and the steward encouraged us to.
As Good As It Gets
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Thanks for your post.this forum is richer for different opinions and experiences.

For clarity and information moving forward.

Please where were you told this free water can be obtained from so I know in the future ?

Do you think the club were right not have make any announcements over the location and availability of free water?

Do you think the club were right not to have made any announcements with regard to moving seats?

Thank you kindly
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

As I said in my post I was told by the steward when I arrived that there was water available if I needed it, as I sit in the Crumble I did not require it, but as others posted a little earlier than me they were supplied with free water on the North Stand side. Maybe the club could have announced that it was permissible to move to an empty shades seat but I do know of a few who took the initiative and did it for them selves. My friends who sit centrally in the North Stand asked a steward if they could move into the shade at half-time and he or she suggested areas they could move to.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Pretty much any pub, bar or restaurant will give you tap water free of charge or fill a water bottle for you.
I would just think it pretty normal to go into one of the bars at WR and ask for a cup of tap water.

The price of bottled water is ridiculous/extortionate though, but people keep paying it rather than taking a reusable bottle out with them.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

johnthegriff wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:12 am As I said in my post I was told by the steward when I arrived that there was water available if I needed it, as I sit in the Crumble I did not require it, but as others posted a little earlier than me they were supplied with free water on the North Stand side. Maybe the club could have announced that it was permissible to move to an empty shades seat but I do know of a few who took the initiative and did it for them selves. My friends who sit centrally in the North Stand asked a steward if they could move into the shade at half-time and he or she suggested areas they could move to.
We were certainly told on the entry that we could move seats but people seem to have missed the central point of my post which was the lack of facilities for wheelchair fans to move into the shade. As far as I am aware, they couldn't, which is why I suggested club brollies that they could have if needed. I am also pleased to find out that you can get free pints of water from the bars - I have to confess I didn't know that and it has never been advertised to my knowledge. It would have been brilliant if a steward had gone along the line of wheelchairs with bottles of free water - it would really have shown them that we do care.
Hehehehehehehehe
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

johnthegriff wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:12 am As I said in my post I was told by the steward when I arrived that there was water available if I needed it, as I sit in the Crumble I did not require it, but as others posted a little earlier than me they were supplied with free water on the North Stand side. Maybe the club could have announced that it was permissible to move to an empty shades seat but I do know of a few who took the initiative and did it for them selves. My friends who sit centrally in the North Stand asked a steward if they could move into the shade at half-time and he or she suggested areas they could move to.
Thank you for your reply. I certainly would have welcomed to be told by anyone that free water was available and being personally supplied with water where I sit in the old Met/Rx stand. Regrettably as I said, mine was a completely different experience in the same stadium during the same match. Moving forward and in order to avoid suffering any repetition its still a mystery to me where and how I can get free water from should I need it and the club should now publicly clarify this. Thanks for your reply
Last edited by sapajo on Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

If Shillcock can replicate his form at the end of his time at Worcester then it'll be interesting to see how we fit both him and Steward in
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

kpj tiger wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:40 am If Shillcock can replicate his form at the end of his time at Worcester then it'll be interesting to see how we fit both him and Steward in
Might finally give us a chance to rotate Freddie and Jamie and give them both the right amount of playing time to suit our opponents. When we want more of a playmaking team having Handrè, DK and Jamie in the team with OHC/Bassett/Kata/Watson as wingers to cross kick to and miss pass to is going to be fun!

As much as I love Atkinson, I can’t help but think Jamie is ideal for that 22 jersey when we choose to start Freddie. (Plus having Jamie to learn from as a 10/15 is going to be ace for Charlie’s development! Plus Kieran and Handrè of course!)
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RunTigerRun wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:51 am
kpj tiger wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:40 am If Shillcock can replicate his form at the end of his time at Worcester then it'll be interesting to see how we fit both him and Steward in
Might finally give us a chance to rotate Freddie and Jamie and give them both the right amount of playing time to suit our opponents. When we want more of a playmaking team having Handrè, DK and Jamie in the team with OHC/Bassett/Kata/Watson as wingers to cross kick to and miss pass to is going to be fun!

As much as I love Atkinson, I can’t help but think Jamie is ideal for that 22 jersey when we choose to start Freddie. (Plus having Jamie to learn from as a 10/15 is going to be ace for Charlie’s development! Plus Kieran and Handrè of course!)
Agree completely. For me Steward will come back to us having played an insane amount, needs a prolonged rest IMO so I don't think Shillcock vs Steward will be an issue for quite a prolonged period yet.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
bendy

Post by bendy »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:03 am
RunTigerRun wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:51 am

Agree completely. For me Steward will come back to us having played an insane amount, needs a prolonged rest IMO so I don't think Shillcock vs Steward will be an issue for quite a prolonged period yet.
Especially as we still have a certain M Brown on the books who's looking pretty sharp in the training footage I've seen.